Wednesday, February 15, 2012

This morning...

... I am grateful for:
:: tulips my honey brought me yesterday and him knowing I'd rather have tulips than red roses...
:: a red cyclamen we bought together this weekend
:: the fact that we can plant both of them outside when we are done enjoying them in the house
:: a big piece of chocolate ganache torte (yum!) that our friends Doris and Alberto brought us for Valentine's Day
:: dates filled with herbed cream cheese, something my sister taught me when I last stayed with her (double yum!)
:: mini cupcakes our friend Jennefer and her family made and shared for Valentine's Day.
:: having had two mini cupcakes for breakfast (yum again!)
:: taking a walk with Winslow this morning in the fresh air after a day of rain
:: spying a great heron roosting way up in a tall pine tree
:: the wonder at how they don't fall over standing on a branch on one leg
:: having time to paint this morning
:: being surrounded by a creative mess in my studio
:: making a decision not to take a college class this next quarter and rather having time for other things and my own art
:: still feeling like my cold might not be a cold at all - nothing has happened beyond a sore throat yesterday
:: feeling so absolutely right with my world

Wishing you a creative day!!

4 comments:

  1. That's not fair, Silke! You're making me want something sweet with all those delicious looking photos! My mother's favorite flower is the red Cyclamen and as far as I can remember, she always had a pot on the windowsill growing in the house.

    Alles Gute,
    Doris :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genau, das geht gleich ungefiltert auf den Hüftspeck, aber sooo lecker.
    LG Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely positive post - thank you. And I love the idea of dates filled with herbed cream cheese. Must try them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    I love how you LOVE what your doing...
    BRAVISSIMA painting and pastel...
    hugs
    char.x

    ReplyDelete