Sunday, February 19, 2012

Grace - Finished Painting

Well, here's a new one for me: I am using art to procrastinate on doing other art. I need to be painting another portrait on a copper plate for my etching class. Instead, I surround myself with canvases of all kinds and paint on those...
I used to get upset when I procrastinated, but now I just know that my energy isn't in the right place yet for doing the other work. And I know I'll get it done. I always do.
So, I enjoyed my little paint party today. And I finished "Grace." She turned out to be a little jewel on a deep 5 x 5 inch canvas. I enjoyed that smaller format for a change.
I love extending the painting over the sides with these 1.5 inch deep canvases and I did so here.
Grace
5 x 5 inch (13 x 13 cm) acrylic painting
for sale in my Etsy Store
I hope you are all having (or have had) a beautiful Sunday.

Here, it poured rain all morning complete with thunder and lightening, but now it is sunny once again... And in that sunshine I am off to the grocery store!

And then tonight we have a date with the last episode of the season of Downton Abbey. What a great program! Maggie Smith is one of my very favorite actresses!

Life is good! I hope for you as well!!

22 comments:

  1. Very nice, Silke!...And me and Downton Abbey are friends now too. :-)) I watch the reruns usualy. I never catch it when it's actually on. I don't even know when it's suppose to be on!! ^_^ Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We watched Downton Abbey last night and it was so beautiful! It's nice that they have reruns - sometimes I have to watch them a second time to really get all the details - so much goes on... :)

      Delete
  2. Liebe Silke,
    deine Grazien sind alle wunderschön. Grace wirkt so zart und zerbrechlich.
    LG Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank, Sabine!! Ich glaube, Grace ist Tänzerin... ;-)

      Delete
  3. I love this woman "Grace". She is aptly named!

    I love Downton Abbey too! And like you, Maggie Smith is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kay!! Downton Abbey last night was wonderful. I can hardly wait for the next season... ;-)

      Delete
  4. Liebe Silke
    ja, wir hatten einen schönen Sonntag. Fasching überall... leider Regen und kalter Wind.
    aber wir haben es uns schön gemacht mit Kuchen, Kaffe und Tee.
    Ich wünsch Dir eine schöne Woche
    herzliche Grüsse
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liebe Elisabeth, wie schoen, dass du vorbei schaust!! Natuerlich habt ihr viel Faschingtrubel. Davon bekommen wir hier nichts mit. Dann noch viel Spass!! :)

      Delete
  5. grace is different. her eyes are different. is she a dancer a pilates teacher? a model? look at bright and perceptive she is, in her subtle way. i hope she never has to wear a business suit.

    i am telling you all this, silke, because isn't this what art is supposed to do? you've laid her out for me, and now i meet her face to face. :^)

    have fun,
    love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, KJ, Grace is a dancer. No worries, she'll never have to wear a business suit. She has beautiful style in the clothes she wears when she isn't dancing... :)

      Delete
  6. She is really lovely, Silke. I love the stark background - you did a wonderful job with her profile. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Theresa!! I really liked painting her - she's a bit different from my usual paintings... :)

      Delete
  7. hi silke, i love the size of this canvas, it suits your portrait so well, beautiful! i just ordered that show from netflix, season one. i've heard so much good about it!
    xx lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lori! You'll love Downton Abbey. I can hardly wait for Season 3!! :)

      Delete
  8. Lovely as usual.

    Just thought you might like to know you had insoired me to hunt out some old face sketches I did and post them. Next stage will be actually getting my paints out if the loft...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I LOVE your portraits - very nice. I hope you will start painting and drawing again...

      Delete
  9. Silke, Grace sieht wundervoll aus.

    Liebe Grüße

    Anke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank, Anke!! Schoen dich hier zu sehen. Ich gehe sofort mal auf deinem Blog schauen, was du so gerade machst...

      Delete
  10. She is a lovely painting! I love Downton Abbey too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grace is amazingly beautiful! Ok- now I'm thinking SHE is my favorite-- but I do love them all. I love the way you extended the painting around the edges!!

    Oh yes- I'm so in love with Downton-- and Mr. Bates!! I just bought both seasons on my Kindle Fire so that I can rewatch it over and over!!
    Love
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete