Sunday, February 5, 2012

Rowan - a new print

This print has been a couple of weeks in the making. It has gone through several stages and finally this one is very close to the finished Artist Proof. I have spent many hours at the print shop last week and will again this afternoon and I am so thrilled with how this turned out! Somehow quite sweet and just a little creepy...
I've been thinking how much my life has changed in the last three years just by opening myself up to a more creative life. This morning I reread my very first blog post and remembered how I struggled to make just a little bit of time every week to make art or something creative.
Having the blog helped me - somehow I had to have things to show to all of you. Now, I have the opposite problem - I could make art from sunup to sundown and sometimes struggle to find time for all the other things I like to do. I'm taking classes, I'm making my own art and I find that this creativity has permeated every facet of my life.
Rowan
9 x 12 inch intaglio print (on 12 x 16 inch German Etching paper)
And all of that in three short years of finally paying attention to my inner voice. I witness that same phenomenon among many of us - when we start listening to those quiet (yet persistent) inner voices, there's no limit to what we can do - no matter what our age or where we are at in life!

Wishing you an amazing day!!

6 comments:

  1. ~oh no...not creepy at all...i love this print...he placed behind... emerging from his place...it perfectly represents your journey you were speaking of...an inspiring post to leave us with this day...much love light and blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful print with the flowers and leaves--very magical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Silke, this is sooooooo cool! Love it!!!! Caro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liebe Silke,
    schön wie du immer wieder etwas Neues für dich entdeckst. Deine Drucke sind wunderschön.
    LG Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that, truly, is a recognition of your metamorphosis. Congrats and enjoy it all, dear friend!
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your art is so original, I love the process and I'm sure the print work is challenging, But what great results!! Cooking also clears our heads, we love our time together in the kitchen, It's part of what feeds us, mentally and physically. Thank you for stoping in to look at our blog and for the warm welcome to the world of blogging. We're following you as well and look forward to seeing more. Give Winslow and ramses a pat on the head for us!

    ~Bobby & Eric~

    ReplyDelete