Saturday, February 18, 2012

My trusty helper ... and some blog stuff

When I paint, that is where Winslow likes to be and watch me or sleep and dream. I think he gets too hot laying on the carpet in the room - the floors in the hallway are so much cooler for a very furry dog like he is... He is such a sweetheart!

I am so glad you all liked my last painting as much as I do! Thank you all for your very kind comments. I relish every one of them!!

And speaking of comments, I have a few blogger/blog changes and issues to tell you about (that rarely happens, but right now they all seem to happen at once).

1. Thanks to KJ's blog, I have figured out that when I embed my comments into my post (rather than having a popup window) I can reply to each comment individually. It's so cool!! I've always felt bad that I don't reply much to comments and didn't know if I should write a separate comment or send an e-mail if I have an e-mail address, but this takes care of it. From now on, my reply to your comment will be right underneath that very comment. Yeah!!!

2. Sometime in January, Blogger apparently implemented a limit to blog rolls (the blog lists I have on my sidebars) of 166 entries. Well, I have more than that and right now that fact seems to freeze my blog list completely. That means I cannot remove blogs that are no longer in existence nor can I add any of your wonderful blogs I found just recently. My blog list is how I keep track of which blogs to visit, so this is a bit frustrating, but hopefully it will get resolved soon.

3. The new word verification that blogger has implemented (and not just blogger - I see it in lots of other places) is very hard to read. At least for me it is. To those of you who are wondering about not having word verification, I just wanted to say that I haven't had any comment control for the last two years (at least) and have only once been spammed. After that time, I went to comment moderation for a few weeks just to be sure and then went on without comment control again. It has not been a problem at all.

Well, that's it for today. No art to show at the moment. We are having a rain system come through here today and I can feel that the pressure is changing. That means - after a busy morning running errands - a quiet afternoon for me with my knitting.

What have you been up to today?! Hope it's been fun and enjoyable!

21 comments:

  1. How nice that you'll be able to directly comment now!! I didn't know you weren't able to do that! That's one of the highlights of my blog...answering my blog followers. If I couldn't respond to the comments it would take away from how much I enjoy blogging!...Thanks for the info about the limit on blog rolls. I didn't know that either!! I'll have to check out mine now...And you're so right about the word verification being hard to read!!! I've ended up having to insert words up to 3 and 4 times before I got it! Grrr!...Enjoy your rain! Wish I could send you some sunshine! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I love being able to reply to comments like this! That has always been something that has nagged at me - the inconsistency of how I was doing that. Plus, my e-mail isn't always reliable.

      I don't know if everyone is having a problem with the blog rolls, but I know quite a few of do. When I try to update it, it says "saving..." and gets stuck there.

      It's not raining yet, but I'm hoping it will start soon! Our garden needs it... :)

      Delete
  2. Just a word of caution, this is a known Blogger issue. The date and Time stamp on the embedded comments is Pacific Standard time. You cannot change it at the moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. See that? The time is 4:42PM in Savannah. Look at the time stamp. on my comment. :) Very few people notice that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I saw it immediately, but it doesn't bother me. I'm into "weird" science and I figured maybe I was in a time warp (sort of like jet lag)... or at the very least, three hours younger...

      Delete
  4. I'm agree with you, Silke, I hate this word verification :-S Thanks for this wonderful post.

    Big hugs from Free Vintage Images :-)
    .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silke thanks for the info on the comments!! I had seen that on some other blogs but wasn't sure how to do it myself! I always feel bad when I don't respond back to each comment especially when people have "no reply" email address. I will try to set this up on my blog too.

    That winslow is super cute! i long for the day when rocky will hang with me like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy, Rocky will get there. He's still a puppy. It's a wonderful age when they are so small and cute, but it's also nice when they mature a little and get calmer... ;-) Silke

      Delete
  6. Thanks for this Silke - I'd noticed it on KJ's blog too. It's a handy feature and I've just implemented it on my own! I am also not in favour of the new word verfication - it's frustrating!
    Winslow has the most amazing eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caroline, I love being able to comment on comments directly! And Winslow says "thank you" for that lovely compliment!! :) Silke

      Delete
  7. Hi Beautiful.
    I had seen that on your blog that you could comment directly so now is mine like that too.
    And I also hate the word verification so now that´s gone too ;)
    Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog, it´s so nice to "see" you.
    And Cheetah (my cat) says hi to Winslow. Cheetah loves to lie behind the MAC. It is the only place she is not chased from. Generally, she prefers to rest on my drawings!
    Hugs & Love, Annika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winslow says hi to Cheetah! As does Ramses, who would like to be in my lap all the time! Or sit on my drawings or paintings - he thinks he's an art critic... Glad you are doing well!!! Hugs, Silke

      Delete
  8. Thanks for reminding me about 'embedded' comments ~ does make such a difference ~ enjoy today ~ namaste, carol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol! You enjoy your day as well!! It's rainy and dreary here - and I love it!! :) Silke

      Delete
  9. Silke, enjoy that rain. Kisses to Winslow and Ramses.
    I don't like the word verification either!
    Your painting of Laura is wonderful.
    Have a great day!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annie!! I hope the thundershirt is working for your sweet Bella! I might get one for Winslow... xo

      Delete
  10. I finally deleted the word verification after reading a post from a friend. And I, too, found it exceedingly difficult to maneuver! I still have comment moderation, though, as I've been getting weird phishers! LOL Nice changes to make things easier, Silke. By the way, Winslow is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Theresa, I think that comment moderation is a perfect substitute for word verification. That way you still have control over potential spammers of phishers... And Winslow says "thank you"! xo

      Delete
  11. Silke- Winslow is indeed a sweetie! I find it comforting to have our kitties in the Sacred Yarn room with me-- Homer is usually curled up in a cubby hole in the computer desk--- and Bitty Kitty sleeps right beside me when I work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Winslow is sooo stinking cute!!!! I adore his name tooo! My pup is my little crafty buddy too, she always sits with me! And I just did a post yesterday about the stupid word verifications, they drive me insane!!!!
    Xo Lori
    http://lorilynn-alittlesliceofspecial.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete