Sunday, February 12, 2012

Fiona

I just couldn't stop yesterday and had to finish her. With the underpainting I had shown you in my last post, done with burnt sienna and titanium white, the finished piece has such a richness in color.
There were a few areas that were sort of tricky like the hand (why are hands so hard to paint?!) and the ear, but in the end it all came together.
I feel so inspired to paint at the moment. I just can't stop! I need to be thinking about my next print project, but I figure a little break is not a bad thing - when it comes time to print again, I'll feel inspired... I hope!
I just love the colors in this one!
Fiona
acrylic painting on 11 x 14 inch wrapped canvas
available for purchase in my Etsy shop
I decided to enter her in this week's Illustration Friday exhibit. The theme is popularity. And somehow looking at Fiona, I am quite sure that winning a popularity contest was never on her agenda!

Happy Sunday everyone!! Stay warm!

15 comments:

  1. Wunderschön liebe Silke.
    Herzliche Sonntagsgrüße
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liebe Silke,

    das ist Kunst.

    Alles Liebe

    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so beautiful, love her softness and colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That has lived up to the promise of the sketch - and that says a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a wonderful job on the hand and the ear! Silke--I think this is your BEST face yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful painting...such detail, she seems alive.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's beautiful, Silke!!!
    ♥ audrey

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot tell you how much I love this!
    So happy to see that Scriptor Senex has mentioned you on his blog!
    Love,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great. I love how the background colors complement her face so well. She's got a kind of mysterious far-away look. I wonder what's on her mind!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Silke,

    Wonderful painting and I love the background too!
    Glad you are having so much fun painting,
    me too :-).
    Re my Bella: She does not chew things as a rule, she has to be in a real panic to be destructive.
    If I am with her when she hears a loud or troubling noise I can comfort her and all is well. The trouble is that I have to work and though I can take her with me now, in the Summer it will be too hot to have her in the car. I too think that if I am nervous about this it will make matters worse and I am trying to stay in the moment, but still it looms as a concern in the future and at times now as it thunders almost daily in the Summer.
    We just got the Thundershirt, I will let you know if it works.
    Happy painting! And printing!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Silke- your Fiona is magnificent. She is true beauty-- I love her face-- she is almost real! Your portrait paintings are unbelievable-- what a great artist you are. Your love of painting shows through in your work.

    Have a wonderful Sunday--
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is simply beautiful, Silke! I love her eyes. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete