Monday, February 13, 2012

Potential

First of all, thank you all so much for your encouraging comments on my latest painting!! I am so enjoying painting right now - I hardly want to do anything else... 

The post title occurred to me when I saw the photos I wanted to show for you - each one reminds me of potential - of what could be, what might be, what will become.

Daniel found the little bird egg on the frozen rim of our fountain yesterday. It's been so warm that I am sure the birds are ready to build their nests and lay their eggs. This egg came too soon - we had a couple of days of very cold weather - but hopefully soon the nest building can begin in earnest!
I prepared another canvas with papers and am ready to start my sketch on it. I'm also working on a bigger and long-format canvas at the same time. Like I said, I could paint 24/7 right now!
Here's a sweet little baby hat I knitted up really fast last night. I found the easy pattern here with sizes from newborn to youth.
And lastly, I've been going through all of my art and am either recycling my canvases (I love the thought of hidden paintings underneath papers and new paint) or selling them. This one I had in my studio for the longest time, but I'm ready to have it find a new home. You can find it in my Etsy shop along with several other paintings and prints.

Wishing you a magical start to your week!

5 comments:

  1. Whoa, quite the whirl, love that paper prepared background Silke, Can't wait to see what sketch appears to you. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about to go an look at your Etsy shop.

    What a sweet little egg that was. And I love the post title for it. The birds here are nest building and arguing over territory already but the cold snap may discourage them for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liebe Silke,

    alles Gute zum Valentinstag und
    liebe Grüße

    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for showing us that beautiful egg and your wonderful art!
    Any idea what kind of bird laid that egg?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice gift. Lots of good things coming out of your studio. You are so multitalented. Potential indeed. Accent on the word "potent" I think.
    xoxo Kim

    ReplyDelete