Sunday, July 26, 2009

Williamsburg and a Big Thank You

Finally I am getting around to showing you the last set of pictures from our recent road trip - beautiful Williamsburg, VA! We have a good friend who lives there and when we visited last time on New Years, it was so windy and cold that we barely saw anything of this historic town. But this time the weather was gorgeous and we had the best time!






We loved this beautifully maintained garden and got some inspiration for our garden next year! We were also able talk with some of the gardeners there about the problems we are encountering with gardening in the south.
Look at those castor bean plants! They seemed more like shade trees to me! In our yard, they are about half the size. When we asked why, we learned that it is the power of manure...


After we got back, Daniel learned that one of his ancestors used to work in this building when the town was first settled. We didn't know at the time, so of course now we have to go back!
Alright, now something I have been so remiss in doing. A big thank you for two awards I was given while on our road trip. This first one received from Darla, whose blog I so enjoy every single day! Thank you!!

And this lovely award was given to me by Angela Recada, a fellow German native whose blog is just wonderfully inspiring! I am so grateful!Make sure you visit both of their blogs! I know I am supposed to pass this along to other bloggers, but I am so busy today (Daniel starts teaching again tomorrow) that I am simply passing it on to you all. All of you inspire me daily with your blog posts, your photos, your artwork, your writing, your thoughtful comments on my blog, simply by being you and sharing yourself with me!

I am very grateful for each and every one of you and am so glad we got to meet (at least in cyberspace).

20 comments:

  1. i absolutely love williamsburg and i'm so glad that you had the chance to re-visit there! your photos remind me of my trips there....oh how i'd love to go back! congrats on your nice awards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Silke, Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful pictures of Williamsburg today! I really enjoyed them! That garden was fantastic! I'm not able to travel so pictures are so much appreciated and yours were grand!
    Congrats to you on both of your Awards! Have a wonderful rest of your day!
    Hugs...
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, Silke! Thanks for sharing more of your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, amazing pictures Silke - very interesting. Well done on your awards - they are well deserved xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your photos of Williamsburg! They make me want to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went there as a kid. Need to get my kids there to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lived in DC and then Virginia for three years and I can't believe I never made it to Williamburg. Your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pics Silke! I visited Williamsburg in 2005 and it was awesome!!
    ♥Darla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a very beautiful town Silke ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Silke I feel that you have taken me on a lovely little trip too.

    Thank you for the prayers and love. I am grateful.

    Love Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous place, looks so idealic! These places are such a gift to see, thank you Silke!
    Thank you also for your warm and caring message, I have made my first video to say hello. Hope you enjoy it?
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. sigh, I love history.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much Silke, really special message you left me to wake up to this morning and brighten my day. Have a great day Silke, your a star!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely town Williamsburg is! I just love places filled with history, beautiful old buildings and gardens, too. And how wonderful that Daniel has such a rich family history that he can trace to so many interesting places. Thanks so much for taking us on these trips with you!

    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful post of a lovely old town! I've really enjoyed visiting with you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. there are so many parts of our lovely country that i have yet to visit - and this is oh so different from the way homes look and the length of history involved (ours is still relatively short) here in the Pacific Northwest
    the photos are such a treat

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great architectural structures and photographs Silke. Congratulations on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures of Williamsburg. I just love it there and it is always an inspiring journey to visit there, not to mention always a learning experience.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete