Saturday, July 25, 2009

IF - Idle...and...Mixing it up with Melange - Whisper


In a rare idle moment, she finally heard the urgent whisper of her heart.

I painted her this morning while the words were swirling around in my mind and thought she'd be perfect for this week's Illustration Friday theme of Idle AND the Mixing it up with Melange theme of Whisper.

It seems that I can't stop painting these women and am amazed how each one looks unique and has something different to say. Again, I used molding paste on a 5 x 7 gessoed piece of 140 lb cold-pressed watercolor paper. I made sure to create some good texture before then painting over it with acrylic paint. The colors I used are so unusual for me, but I really, really ended up loving them all together! If this lovely lady speaks to you like she does to me, you can find her in my little Etsy shop.

Tomorrow, I promise to show the last of our road trip pictures and share a couple of awards I am way behind on passing on... In the meantime, I hope you are all having a wonderfully creative weekend!

23 comments:

  1. Silke, love your whisper piece, and I LOVE also your color combinations on this piece. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...the color combination is wonderful. Nice interpretation of the theme too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your women ARE all unique and each has a voice...a message. How exciting to be the vessel for them, Silke! Beautiful work! Keep it up!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silke, it is sooo amazing, how fast your paintings are developing!! Keep it up, they are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silke, I love your paintings of these woman! They all have been fabulous! Keep them coming, they all have some wonderful, inspiring things to say! The colors in this painting are fantastic and she's simply beautiful!
    Hugs...
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks so thoughtful and pensive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this group of contemplative women. They look like they might be of Spanish descent. Also love the words you added to this latest beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the face. I love the colours. Simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. okay - we call this art channeling
    yipeeee
    enjoy the ride
    you are doing GreaT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your lady! The texture and colours are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like this...it made think of my adult daughters...both SO busy they rarely have idle time to listen their urgent hearts...

    eBeth (who would love to live in Savannah!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't understand your references but I do like the paintings of women.
    I also love the concept of stillness and hearing your inner voice. We must all listen more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your paintings of women are wonderful! I love how you're trying different textures and colors. I look forward to seeing what you'll create next!

    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  14. the colours look very autumn like... and I love the words.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Silke, I like the pictures of your women, they are very expressive, I like very much the last one, I like the colors and testure of this one.
    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful colors and I love the way you textured this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What lovely pictures you're painting! These women are beautiful - full of emotion and you are right to be proud of them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Beautiful work! Love the textures and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Thank you all for your amazing comments on my latest painting! I appreciate it so much!!! I wish I had time to respond to each of you individually, but I am somewhat pressed for time and want to use that time I have to visit your blogs... Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both the textures and colours are fantastic...this is great work!

    ReplyDelete