Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Illustration Friday - Tango

She wished that, just once, someone would ask her to dance the Tango...

I never seem to get my act together to create artwork for the weekly Illustration Friday topic, so this week I made an extra effort.

This was something new I tried and I just love how she turned out! I worked on a 5 x 7 clayboard, did an image transfer all in greens as a background, which is all but painted over now. I then covered the whole board with molding paste and gave it texture before painting the image with acrylic paints. I love the color palate I used (very different for me) and the texture of the finished piece.

I have to say, I am always surprised with my paintings, especially when I paint people - their facial expressions sort of happen while I paint and I never know what they will look like when finished, but they always touch me in some way. The same with this woman - she tugs at my heartstrings!

And if she tugs at yours, she is available in my little Etsy shop.