Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pittsburgh to NY

We just got back from our road trip and had the most amazing time! I am on inspiration overload - it's that way every time we get on the road. I don't know what it is, but my mind works in warp speed as I am looking out the car windows and spend time with family and friends. We visited so many different places and took so many photos that you'll have to bear with me for a few days - I want to show you all of it! Well, at least some of it...
The two photos above are of the old train station in Pittsburgh that has been converted into apartments. Our nephew lives there and we got to stay with him - isn't it a gorgeous building?

The photo below just made me laugh - everyone on their cell phones. Actually, Daniel was just posing...

On our way to a wonderful museum called The Mattress Factory, we sort of got lost and found these two amazingly brightly colored building.



At The Mattress Factory, we saw some great interactive exhibits! It was fun being able to get "into" the art and be part of it. We had great fun!
The craziest game of Twister...



A last view of Pittsburgh before we hit the road toward Niagara Falls.I was surprised at all the vineyards around Lake Erie - so beautiful!

And one teaser photo of what's to come tomorrow...
Also tomorrow, I am going to visit your blogs! I've missed you all!!

11 comments:

  1. The Mattress Factory looks like a very fun place! Glad you enjoyed your travels and are now home, safe and sound. Looking forward to hearing about the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are home. It looks like you had a good time. Waiting to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What terrific pictures! The converted train station looks like an incredibly interesting and beautiful place to live. Lucky nephew!

    I'm looking forward to your next post!
    :0)

    Welcome back!

    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow!!! these photos are amazing....so happy you had a wonderful time on your trip!!!!

    Hugs and welcome back!!!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back, Silke. Have missed you! Gorgeous photos of Pittsburgh, but of course, I am waiting for the Falls!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the brightly colored buildings you happened upon were marvelous - don't you love when you wander off the beaten track ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos - looks like you had fun! I love the colourful buildings! Look forward to seeing more..

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic tour. I loved the photos, the commentary, the overall feel. Many thanks.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You take such beautiful photos Silke, love watching them. They inspire me ;) Hugs Annika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your fun trip, great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Silke! Welcome back, I miss you too! The photos are amazing!
    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete