Thursday, July 23, 2009

Art and a Movie

I've been busy again painting another woman and I just love her! I again used molding paste for the texture and then painted over it with acrylic paint. There's something about those two women I recently painted (and I have a feeling there will be more...) that touches me deeply. As they appear from my brush, I am in awe of this creative process that surprises me every single time! Even though I am quite attached to her, she is available in my Etsy shop.

This afternoon we decided to go to the movies, but beforehand we stopped at another antique store close to the movie theater, where I found yet another great deal! I discovered this little book of the Fifty Best Poems of America. This tiny book is not in good shape, but will be perfect to use in some of my mixed media art. Quite a find indeed!
Now to the movie... About once a year (sometimes even less than than), Daniel and I decide to go see a movie on the big screen. Today was that day this year! Many, many people had told us that we absolutely needed to see the movie Up in the theater, so that's what we did, even though we are usually not into animated movies. It was fantastic, one of the best movies we've seen! So good in fact that I am posting the trailer right here for you to enjoy!



If you haven't seen it yet, if you like to laugh, if you love dogs, go see it! I think you'll love it as much as we did!

16 comments:

  1. The woman in the painting is so lovely and mysterious. I love the way you did the background; such luminous colours.

    Haven't seen UP but I adore Pixar movies so maybe I should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kelly -- your lady is both mysterious and lovely. She looks like a cousin to the lady who dreamed of dancing. I love the darker color scheme, and I see you've included some of your signature dots. Another special peice!

    So a movie, huh? Explains why you didn't answer your phone this afternoon. And so glad to hear that you are enjoying the antique shops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved the woman painting you posted the other day but this is even better! you are on a wonderful creative roll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Silke, Your new painting is just lovely and simply another wonderful piece of Art! Your wor is so beautiful!
    Hugs...
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how your style is developing! She is very vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Silke...this is sooo beautiful, you are truly coming into your own! My husband and my son & I saw this movie and fell in love. I cried all the way through their love story....So sweet! Can't wait to see more from you..xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Silke!

    I've been away from the computer so much, I'm way behind on your blog! I'll have to read and catch up on all your fun adventures & artwork this weekend.

    I rarely see movies in the theater either, but did see Up. Loved it!

    Your painting is really beautiful and I'm so glad to hear your excitement in the process. It's such a wonderful feeling to be in that creating space.

    *hugs* ~ Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Silke! Your women looks like they are in deep thoughts. They are a little mysterious and very very beautiful. Looking forward to see more of them. It is so much fun when things just comes to live by it self on the canvas ;) Creative hugs from Annika

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohh, mysterious!!

    I have heard so many good things about UP. We never go to the movies but I'll rent it when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new painting Silke!! Thanks for posting this trailer for UP also! Now I MUST go see it!!
    ♥Darla

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Silke! Love this painting and am so happy you stopped by my blog! Glad that you are a part of the Crowabout group and am looking forward to seeing more of your work and visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your paintings are beautiful, silke! isn't it wonderful how the creative process can reveal so much about us, and so many things that we're usually not even aware of?! keep enjoying the journey....
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your lady is beautiful...she actually has a lot of you in her...wheich I think portraits which we paint sometimes can have ourselves in their Souls.
    Thanks for visiting my blog this week and leaving such kind words...I FINISHED the mural today...and just posted pics.
    Have a lovely weekend!
    (your pics are being worked on)
    Char.

    ReplyDelete
  14. She does certainly have a very regal caring nature about her, I can see why you like her so much, she is full of presence and shows your personality as well as her own.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you all for your sweet comments!! I so appreciate your warmth and encouragement on this creative journey! I'm so glad I've "met" you all!!

    And I am glad some of you saw Up and loved it as well. :)

    Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is my first time to your blog and your piece is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete