Monday, April 27, 2009

Today's Garden Finds

Our amaryllis are finally blooming and aren't they magnificent?! This is the first time we've lived in a climate mild enough where we can grow them in our garden and we immediately planted these. The amaryllis was one of my mother's very favorite flowers, and I have to think of her whenever I see them blooming around here.

Now, the gerbera daisies in the following pictures were our biggest surprise so far this year. We had them in flower pots last year and thought they were done when they died back in the winter.

Well, as you can see, not only did they come back, but they are flowering brightly and filling our hearts with joy every time we catch a glimpse of them!

5 comments:

  1. Thankyou for your lovely comment on my blog! I can imagine the joy at having such a beautiful garden (as any plant left in my care is not in good hands) well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love gerbera daisies,you are so lucky to have them growing in your yard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers! I am a sucker for those that return every year. Your Amaryllis is gorgeous, I have one from Christmas I need to plant...and you get an award for coaxing a Gerbera Daidy back! Here at least they are the moodiest and most finicky flower. Great Job~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such lovely photos! I have a happy fascination with lilies! hee hee They can be soo different and have all sorts of scents. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Silke!!
    perfect spring photos!

    ReplyDelete