Friday, October 1, 2010

Busy Days...

Just yesterday, Daniel and I were commenting on how our lives seem to be stuck on "fast forward" right now. It's all good stuff, but still everything seems to be moving so fast! We both said how we'd like to hit the "pause" button once in a while and just have everything stand still so we can catch our breath.

Well, this morning was one of those occasions for me. Daniel is traveling on school business this weekend and I was going to sleep in. Ramses though, with his impeccable internal clock, thought I should get up at the usual time.
When I discovered that it was under 70 degrees (21℃) for the first time in months, I grabbed Winslow and we went for a long walk. Most people in our little world here were still sleeping or having breakfast and we seemed to be all alone with the birds and the rising sun. It truly felt like we had hit the "pause" button.
I feel recharged and ready to start my busy and fun day. Most of all, I am looking forward to playing with all my new materials I got at the trade show yesterday. The discounts were unbelievable - at least 40%, but many items were 75% off. Throw in a few freebies and I made out like a bandit.
If you look at the upper left corner of the photo, you can see a teaser corner of the painting I am working on. And after the workshop on Wednesday and reading Patti Brady's book, I am so inspired to try some new things. But more about that later....

Thank you all for your continued visits and your uplifting comments!! Happy Friday!!!

14 comments:

  1. Hi Silke,

    My puppy woke me up early this morning too! And if it wasn't so rainy and stormy here in NY I would have loved to go out for a walk!

    Your pictures are amazing! And looks like you got some great new art supplies. I am loving the sneak peek at your new painting! I am curious to hear how that book is!

    Enjoy your day!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so understand being stuck in fast-forward...and still, it is insufficient time to do what I want, talk to people I want to chat with and not e-mail, work, cook, and oh yes---the mountain of laundry that never ends.
    Mornings, somehow, seem to be the only time of day that it is really quiet and easy to focus. After 11 a.m. forget it.
    Love the pics from the walk! And they are predicting frost here fort he overnight hours this weekend, so I am hoping for Fall COLOR!!!!
    An aside.....green with envy over the cool supplies... ;D
    HAve fun!

    TSUP!!♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silke-
    there is nothing like the earliest moments of the day - the special time of the morning when you feel like you have the world all to yourself. I love it also - but dont get to enjoy it very often.

    I can see that you are all ready to create something wonderful - nothing like new craft toys to put you in a creative mood! Enjoy!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos of your morning walk. And I have a serious case of paint envy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the peek at the new painting...and at your quiet morning walk! Looks like some really nice colors going on!! Oh well, I'll just have to wait! :-) By the way, 'Way to' look for a bargain!! Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, the sky is so pretty in pink! Your morning weather sounds glorious; could you send some cool air this way, please and thank you. Looks like you really did make out like a bandit. Sounds like you are off to a good start on the weekend. Have fun! **blows kisses** Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds just perfect, I love the way that happens, mostly it's just spontanious, and that makes it all the more fun. Thank you Ramses!
    I do know just what you mean Silke, where does the time go?
    enjoy your weekend! (YAY! it's the weekend!!)
    xoxo L

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is nice how those moments to pause just kind of sneak up on you that is what makes them so special. Enjoy your golden products they are so wonderful. Have a good week-end and don't get lonely without Daniel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bin gespannt, was Du uns zeigst. Allerdings hätte ich hier gerne wieder 21 Grad es ist wettertechnisch soooooo fies hier geworden!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yummy, that is a teaser! beautiful colors, i can't wait to see what you paint. oh, a slow and beautiful morning...tomorrow. that will be me tomorrow.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know exactly what you mean because that is how have been feeling for months now....and there is no pause button anywhere to be found right now. I am glad you had such a wonderful walk on such a beautiful morning. Can't wait to see what you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to hear from you, Silke. :) Can't wait to see the finished painting. I am overdue to work on one. Must get started soon! :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun fun fun!!! I love early mornings when it seems everyone else is asleep. It feels like stealing a little extra time.

    Then again, I looooove sleeping in, too. :)

    Have fun with all your new toys! Weeeee! Enjoy your peaceful, relaxing, and beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, that picture is looking intriquing.

    Your morning walk sounds magical.

    ReplyDelete