Sunday, October 17, 2010

Elephant...

I cannot believe that Sunday is almost over! Where has the weekend gone?! We have been so busy with birthday celebrations (thank you for all your good wishes to the birthday boy!), dinner preparations, pie baking, pie eating, and general errands to run that I have sorely neglected my computer and you all...
I was going to take pictures while I was cooking and baking to share recipes with you all, but guess what!? I got so absorbed in the process that I completely forgot. I was going to take pictures of the pretty table, of the birthday boy... You get the idea! Plus, the weather has been so gorgeous that I find myself more outside and less in front of the computer.
But today, I had to come up with a quick little gift for a one-year-old toddler and I felt like making something. So, with a few scraps of cotton yarn and a crochet needle, I came up with this very happy and colorful elephant! Fun, don't you think?

This week, I hope that I'll be blogging a good bit more and also checking in with all of you. I miss you when I haven't visited your blogs in a few days... I hope you are all well and wish you a wonderful beginning of the new week!!

25 comments:

  1. Awe.... that is such a sweet piece!! have a great week, Silke!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the CUTEST! I think you may have found a new category for your Etsy shop. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. AW...that is waay too cute..a charming dazzling creation..wow..shine on!
    Kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun while the sun shines Silke!!
    I love the elephant, it is very very adorable!!
    Love and hugs dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DANIEL!!!
    AND...I have a GIVEAWAY on our Blog...wanna pass by!!!
    I'm picking tomorrow.
    HUGS!!
    Char.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your little cute and colorful elephant! He looks to be in much better shape than my Wuglyee Bear turned out!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the little elephant! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am so impressed, silke. this is totally adorable.

    you and lori knit like no one else i know. and this little elephant is going to make one little person very very cuddly happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super cute little elephant! You did a great job. Happy to hear you and Daniel enjoyed a wonderful birthday celebration. :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is much better to be enjoying life, good cooking, birthdays, wonderful weather than sitting at a computer all day. Glad you had such a busy fun filled weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy Daniel had a wonderful birthday weekend. The wee elephant is adorable! No pattern? You just whipped it up? May I come for lessons please and thank you! **kisskiss** Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Silke! YOu are so multi-talented! If I were to whip up a 'toy' with yarn, it would have to be a long, flat snake, a.k.a. scarf. That's about all I know how to do :)
    I'm so impressed and I'm sure the birthday boy loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Silke... You have the right idea ~ being outside on these beautiful Fall days is a lot smarter than sitting in front of a computer screen.
    Your little elephant is adorable. You whipped that up in one day?? WOW, you're good!!
    Have a great week.
    ♥ audrey

    ReplyDelete
  14. so glad you and your husband had fun celebrating his birhday.. I LOVE that elephant... are you making more?

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh what a sweet elephant!!! you are so talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to hear you are enjoying life. The elephant is just adorable and will surely be cuddled every night.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How absolutely perfectly adorable is this little fella! This is a wonderful gift for a child!

    (thanks for your continuing support - you give me new courage and motivation!)

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute, Silke! I know that child is going to be very happy with your gift! A belated happy birthday to Daniel too! xoxo Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh! how adorable! I love your little ellie!! he is too cute for words. Enjoy your week dear Silke!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is sooo lovely! Blessings to Daniel and to you dear one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Silke this is so very cute- I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. adorable!!! love the bright colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OH OH OHHHH How adorable! Perfectly plump and colorful and so round and squishy and made with love by YOU! Aaaaaaaaahh, lucky, lucky little toddler to receive such a wonderful friend.

    And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Daniel!!! Sounds like you made his birthday delectable and delicious and delightful. Mmmmm, pumpkin pie! My daughter also prefers pumpkin pie to birthday cake!

    Happy Monday, Silke!

    ReplyDelete