Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Signs of Change

I always realize how much I like change, when the seasons change. I can't tell you if I like spring most or fall, but I love when everything in nature changes so drastically.
Here in the south, the seasons are less obvious, but on my walk with Winslow this morning, fall colors were showing up everywhere.
I can't help but take pictures every time, so be prepared for more photos of leaves, mushrooms and anything else that reminds me that the heat is over for now...
Thank you all so much for your great comments the last few days! They were so helpful, and as I embark on a less scheduled life, I will let you know how it goes. It definitely allows for plenty of surprises throughout the day!

Yesterday, for example, I went upstairs to get something I needed, caught a glimpse of the painting I am working on and - half an hour later - I finally made it back downstairs with whatever it was I needed and my hands covered in paint.
Do you see the red heart in the lower left corner? That's for you all! Wishing you a beautiful Tuesday!!

16 comments:

  1. Love the leaves with the Spanish Moss in them! Beautiful!!!
    And glad that you are letting the muse guide you--it will all feel more natural soon.
    I want to try and make it out of the studio today with the camera, see if I can find some leaves begging for a portrait to be taken. ;)

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colorful leaves you have already. Great shots you took of them too! We have a bit of color, but it hasn't hit it's peak around here yet. Soon though...I love the heart leaf especially. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fall colors are so magnificent. That is one thing I really miss here in Southern California. It doesn't get cold enough where I am to see these wonderful changes. I'd be outside everyday with my camera if I had scenery like this to look at. xoxo Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silke these are fabulous!! Love them all! Especially the one with the heart!

    Our colors are starting to peak here in southern NY. I wish they lasted longer! Fall is my favorite season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos - I especially like the spanish moss between the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely........now that you mention it, I see red hearts in all shapes and sizes! Too cool Silke!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fall colors are beautiful I love the red, and I see the heart Thank you. Our leaves are so drab in CA. that is something I miss about being back east.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely lovely lovely. Thank you for the heart! Tsup! Tsup!

    How are you today?

    Uhm, this is not a very interesting comment.

    Hahahah!

    Tsup!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures...love the fall leaves! God has truly blessed us with color!

    Blessings...
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what beautiful fall leaves! That first looks like "liquid amber" but I am not very good with trees. Love the light coming through! It would also be great inspiration for painting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When the Muse takes your hand, you follow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just adore that red heart dear! Thanks for that and for the "walk" with you. I send faerydust and wishes come true. Blessings. I am so glad to know this place is always here. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautifully colored leaves. Fall is definitely my favorite season. The changes in color and temperature make me so happy. Thank you for the lovely heart - I hope you enjoyed the day. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know exactly what you mean about changes in the seasons...I love it and it makes life so interesting. I saw that heart, Silke. Thanks, that's so sweet. Such beatiful photos. I can never get enough of mother earth! I love trees! I hope they'll be around for a long time (I pray!)

    Have a wonderful week, my friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh me LOVEs the wee red heart! We should have a photo challenge day looking for hearts in nature. Happy nonscheduled traveling, my friend! **kisses** Deb

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous...what a mega-beautiful post!! Brilliant! me too..I so love when that happens!

    ReplyDelete