Friday, February 18, 2011

Some exciting things...

Do you remember my art journal bird from a while back? Well, I recently joined the Brave Girls Club and subscribed to their very inspiring daily truth e-mails. Each e-mail starts out with "a little bird told me..." and we artists can submit our birds and they may be featured one day. 
Imagine my surprise when my bird was featured today! Yeah!!! If you want to see it and also check out the Brave Girls Club website (well worth it), just click here.
While I am on the topic of exciting news, I thought I'd share with you two beautiful treasuries, in which my knitting and art were included. West Coast Glass put together the above gorgeous collection of aqua and blue treasures. Doesn't it remind you of ocean and summer and blue skies?!
And then Bella Rennie Designs delighted me by putting my hope bookmark into her hope treasury! I love how she named it "I can't live without it." Isn't that the truth?! Simply click on all the colored links to visit the treasuries and etsy shops.

Tomorrow, I have some more knitting to share with you and then also some glimpses of spring we are seeing around here. It's going to be in the 70's today and we can hardly believe it!!

Wishing you a delightful and creative Friday!

17 comments:

  1. Hi! I get the morning "A Little Birdie..." everyday and wanted to let you know I love your bird, so I came to check out your blog. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! The whole world is finding out about the wonderful Silke Powers!! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~a little birdie told me you are creating only beautiful bits for our eyes to see...such gorgeous tranquil colors...yes...the sea...the sweet salty air...the warm breeze blowing...the sound of waves crashing...sigh...i am there...hehehe...thank you for sharing your exciting news and wonderful pieces with us...congrats my dear friend! much love light and blessings be with you and yours always~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Silke! That little bird is so lovely, no wonder it was featured!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Herzlichen Glückwunsch - und der Vogel ist wirklich sehr, sehr schön. Was Eure Temperaturvorhersage anlangt: Da bin ich NEIDSCH! happy weekend :-) Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Silke, I love that bird! And the treasuries are wonderful! Congrats! Have a most wonderful weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I checked out both treasuries. BEAUTIFUL items in both!! I went-a-hearting for future gift ideas!...I love your colorful bird too, Silke!! Congrats!!...Enjoy the nice weather today! It probably won't last! :-)) {I'm jaded by too much SNOW!!}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liebe Silke,

    von unserem Besuch bei dir lassen wir liebe
    Gtüße da

    Angela und Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray! Such yummy news. Congratulations!!! Have a beautiful weekend. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Silke, congratulations to you! It seems to be your lucky day. ;) Your bird painting is SOOOO beautiful - will you be offering it as a print??? I hope so. :) The treasuries are very lovely - it's always so wonderful to be included. Have a great weekend! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Silke,
    I saw your beautiful bird on the Brave Girls site today. I just finished their amazing ecourse.
    I enjoyed spending some time reading your blog today . Very inspiring!
    I also chose "focus" as my word for 2011. Staying focused is one of my biggest challenges.
    all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. silke, i love this bird. its pinks and blues and purples and yellows still make ME want to soar!

    it was 56 here today which melted three inch thick ice on my roof and gave a teaser sense of spring to come. so your buds are ready to open? i will love to see them.

    congrats on the treasuries. it's a good year so far, yes?

    love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  13. i had seen your birdie on brave girls & was excited for you! she is gorgeous! enjoy your wings, & all the sweet winds blowing through them, & all the gorgeous sights along the way!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Liebe Silke,
    deine Aqua-Reihe ist ein Traum. Wunderschöne Farben.
    LG Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  15. yippy brave girls birdie business.
    you are SO deserving of all the wonderfulness.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colors and feeling of your bird piece Silke. Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete