Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bluebirds and more...

Well, the light wasn't great this morning for taking pictures of our new bluebird tenants, but I wanted to share them with you anyway. I'll try to get some that are better, but in the meantime if you click on the photos, you can actually see them bigger and better. 

So, here's what's going on with me at the moment. After a few weeks of humming along and doing my thing, life is suddenly accelerating as it happens every so often.

This morning, I woke up with a sudden urge for spring cleaning, decluttering, reorganizing and general "getting rid of things." So, that's what I've been doing. Amazing what a mess that makes before actually looking better...

Then I am working on our tax return and want to get that finished by this weekend. Tomorrow, Daniel is taking me to Charleston for the day and I am sure I'll have plenty of photos to share with you! Then, starting next Wednesday, we'll have family visiting for a week, which we are totally looking forward to.

After that, mid March, friends are visiting and we are going to go canoeing with them in search of alligators in Okefenokee Swamp. You can read all about our last trip there by clicking here. My hands get shaky just thinking about it, but in a weird way I am also looking forward to it...

While all of that is happening, I am knitting and crocheting wildly to finish some things for my store. I am planning to update the stores soon and am trying to figure out where I want to go with all of that.

Sooooo....blogging might be a little sporadic over the next few weeks, but I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and at least share those with you! And, as time permits, I hope to visit all of your blogs to keep up with what's going on with you!

For now I wish you a happy Thursday!!

17 comments:

  1. Wow! I hope the tenants actually move in, and that they're not simply checking out the real estate! Any sign of them bringing in baggage? I hope they're not just shoppin' around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silke, I think it is that time of year that blogging takes a backseat to LIFE. ;-)
    I just want to stay in the studio and not emerge. (which is not a BAD thing, but the house gets messy!)
    Love your bluebirds~~Wish I had a spot here to try and coax some in. They used to sit on my porch roof right outside the bedroom windows and sing, sing, sing!

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. how exciting to see the blue birds start to come around... around these parts we have plum trees in our backyard so summertime brings loads of birds of many species here to eat and rest and play...

    we like to put out a bird bath and a feeder to keep them around.

    enjoy!
    xoxo
    jul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Silke!
    You have many exciting things going on right now and to come. My bluebirds have been hanging around the bluebird house lately, too. Hopefully, they will build another nest in there and have another brood or two. Enjoy watching them!
    I just returned from Charleston on Tuesday. It was in the 70s the week I was there, sunny and beautiful. On my blog, I posted some creatures that I encountered while there this trip (including one alligator). Your alligator hunting trip sounds fascinating. I would have been a little shaky, too, with gators that close!! But, being on the water is always soothing.
    Have a GREAT time in Charleston, Silke!!!
    ♥ audrey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bird box...and your new visitors!!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love blue birds! Sounds like you are busy but Spring Cleaning is the best. Enjoy your visits with family and friends!

    love, C

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wie süß, die kleinen blue birds.
    LG Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's wonderful - you have a very full schedule ahead and blogging should not stand in the way.

    I've been very sporadic with blogging lately (and commenting) because I must enjoy this weather out of doors before it becomes too hot and then I can have more blogging time... enjoy your visitors and I can't wait to see photos!

    Your blue birds are lovely! I've yet to see Okefenokee because I've lived here 5 years already and have never been. That should be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you charging them rent? I hear the place goes for a song.

    nothing? nothing? crickets? Hahahaha!

    What fun and beautiful new neighbors you have. Ahh, spring! Goodness, you are a flurry of activity. But it's all good, so Hooray You!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What sweet little birdies. I've not seen them around here at all. So pretty. I sometimes get the urge to purge, so to speak. I'll go crazy throughout the house, cleaning and getting rid of things to donate. Have fun knitting and crocheting! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Liebe Silke,

    es ist wieder besonders schön bei dir.

    Frohe Grüße
    Angela und Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  12. i think life gets interesting in a certain way when you know your plans a few weeks ahead. so much anticipation and readying. just don't forget to pause while you're focusing, silke! have a great time.

    i would be so excited watching your new tenants. maybe their music will be your new alarm clock!

    love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the photos of the bluebirds! It has always seemed amazing to me, that the birds in America are much more colourful than in Europe...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh the bluebirds are so pretty! Ours are just now looking into their "new" homes, but we always have return visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We love our bluebirds too!
    You are certainly going to be busy!! But it sounds like fun- can't wait to see your pictures! The canoe trip will be wonderful!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete