Friday, April 13, 2012

Miriam ~ Finished Pastel

Let me introduce you to Miriam. She was the soother of my soul yesterday. I had a bizarre day, where I had been feeling quite anxious. At first I was puzzled as to why, but then I noticed that it was very windy and relatively cold outside. I often feel more anxious when it's really dry and windy.
When that happens and I have time, I do something creative, which seems to activate a much calmer part of my brain. I had been wanting to get my pastels out again because I just love the tactile nature of using them (not to mention how wonderfully messy they are...).

After a few hours and a couple of revisions, Miriam came into being and one look into her eyes lets me know that all is very well indeed! No reason to feel anxious at all...
Miriam
5 x 7 inch pastel painting on clay board

Available here in my Etsy shop.

I am linking to this week's Illustration Friday exhibit (theme: puzzled) and also to the wonderful folks over at Paint Party Friday! Head on over there for much more art to enjoy.

Happy Friday to all of you!!


P.S. I was very kindly made aware yesterday that it might be a good idea to protect my photos with a watermark, which I have so far been a bit too lazy to do. But with more and more photo sharing websites popping up, it's probably a very good idea. So, please bear with me as I figure this out and come up with one that works well and is easy to implement...

19 comments:

  1. She is truly beautiful, Silke.
    Yesterday, I was feeling jittery and slightly dizzy part of the day. It was on the cool side outdoors (which I normally love) ~ you have me wondering if the weather could possibly affect me that way.
    ♥ audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful painting. Her eyes are gorgeous, she looks kind and calm.
    I visited your Etsy shop and love what I saw there. You ARE very talented!
    Happy PPF from another German living in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her eyes do have that calming affect! Miriam is a sage young woman!! Beautiful work! Happy ppf!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's lovely. I love wind, but heat makes me cranky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, rich, colorful layers!
    Beautiful!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving Miriam with her wonderful soothing eyes. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Silke...Exquisite ..love her sublime fleshtones and bewildering spirit!!Miriam is deeply beautiful..powerful and gentle essence i can feel vibing through..very empowering..she feels like "Home".
    HUgs and sparkles..
    V~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wieder mal mit viel Ausdruck. Gefällt mir! wie machst du das mit dem Schrifzug auf dem Bild? Lust zu telefonieren? Caro

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very beautiful young woman, very graceful and I can imagine that a look into her serene face really can have a soothing effect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely - especially with the dark background! Yes, this watermarking business is something to think about - I think if nothing else, someone who 'borrows' it for Pinterest will give you a free link back!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Dearest Silke!!!! you are an every evolving artist....I love your paintings!!!! gorgeous work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Miriam is so dazzling with her wonderful eyes ~thanks, namaste, ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. mariam, take good care of silke.

    the thing about this painting that i find quite wonderful is mariam's lips. silke, you show their fullness and roundness so expertly.

    thank you for your comments at my place yesterday. sometimes i think words, like painting, are a bridge to our hearts.

    here's wishing you a super happy weekend dear friend. the feeling is mutual.

    love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  14. Liebe Silke,
    wieder so eine Schöne ♥ Die augen und der Mund sind sehr sinnlich. Wünsche dir ein schönes Wochenende.
    LG Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  15. How could you look into those eyes and not feel peaceful? She's is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is lovely and glad she calmed you... I am trying to do the watermark research at the moment also... all a bit confusing I am finding...xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a beautiful pastel, Silke! And Miriam's blue eyes remind me so much of your own! Hope you have a joyful, relaxing Sunday -- Beth

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw, Silke. Your ladies keep getting more and more amazing and beautiful. She does have a very serene and confident face. I could swim in her eyes forever.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. She's lovely - what a penetrating gaze!

    ReplyDelete