Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Freya - Finished Painting

This painting had been in the works for some time. Finished in my head, but it took longer to bring it to the canvas than some of my other paintings.
I had this image in my mind of a woman with her owl and couldn't be more pleased with how she turned out! And my first owl as well...
I named her Freya, a name I have loved since childhood. Plus, I like the mythology surrounding the Norse Goddess Freyja.
No matter where I live, in my heart I think I will always be drawn to the North!
Freya
10 x 10 inch acrylic painting
Available in my Etsy Shop.

I hope you are all doing well and are enjoying your day! I feel the need to bake something, so off to the kitchen I go... If it turns out well, you know I'll share the recipe!

7 comments:

  1. Liebe Silke,

    außergewöhnlich, aber sehr schön.

    Sonnige Grüße

    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gefaällt mir! Wirst du jetzt vom Vogelbeobachter zum Vogelzeichner?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Silke!! I love Freya..she is incredible, beautiful and close to my heart too..as soon as I saw the title to your post I immediately connected with the Runes/trees..and i Love the Goddess Freya too! how cool we are both wandering in the forest with our art this week! This piece is magical, I love her stunning eyes..and companion Owl spirit..what a sweet soul and the contrast of that decadent tree branch..awesome!
    Hugs..loved this post..thanks for adding more magic to my day!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so beautiful! She looks intelligent. And strong. And a very snappy dresser! Owls have been popping up a lot lately. **blows kisses** Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your beautiful Freya and her lovely owl. So full of mystery. Love it. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful painting. Those eyes!
    I love the owl, it is a barred owl. Did you see the post I did on AWARE and Arabia Mountain where I talked about the barred owl? I love that bird. So happy that you did a painting of that particular owl!

    ReplyDelete