Sunday, April 22, 2012

Helen - Finished Painting

First I wanted to thank you for all your comments about the bird photos and hoping to see me paint them. My next painting actually does feature a woman and a bird, but that was sketched out even before I took these photos. I guess birds do inspire me...
But first, meet Helen. Thank you, John (Rambles from my Chair), for naming her!
I like how she is all soft in this final version. Dreamy and lovely. She was pure joy to paint! 
Helen
8 x 10 inch acrylic painting on canvas
(with collage and tissue paper for extra texture)

Available in my Etsy shop

I am also linking her to the best party on the blogs: Paint Party Friday!! Ok, so I'm late with it, but I  am pretty sure I can still participate...

We are having a gray day and while I am enjoying it, I am looking forward to sunshine tomorrow!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!

12 comments:

  1. I love the texture you add to your paintings!!!
    Helen is beautiful.
    HUGS
    Char.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liebe Silke,

    formvollendet.

    Liebe Grüße

    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving Helen with the great flower in her hair. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like helen,

    BUT,

    I hope you don't mind,

    I liked her 'colorless' self.

    i miss her already.

    i loved her then too.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! She has a striking and beautiful profile. Love her headband! Hope you are having a lovely weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks like she leads a very interesting life...I'd like to sit down next to her with a drink and hear her story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soft and beautiful! A wonderful woman with a bohemian style!! Thanks for sharing... better late than never!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is gorgeous, dear Silke- love your tecnique and colours.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe, she is so lovely. My little 89-year-old mother's name is Helen. Your painting actually reminds me of her sister, my Aunt Stella! Even the flower headband. **kisses** Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am enjoying catching up on your beautiful posts..and this one..is calling me...Helen is so intriguing..and meditative..she takes me straight into the dream/journeying realms..like a powerful guide..showing me my wings...LOVE her!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that's gorgeous!The detail is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete