Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Blanket Finished!!

It's done! Done!! That was a long project, but quite relaxing to make. 
I love the little border around it - that pulled it all together nicely.
And I was brave and just chucked it into the washing machine like the yarn label said and also the dryer. I figured I might as well. And it came out beautiful and soft and all the colors intact!
And because this was such a meditative project to do, I have already started on the next one. This one in a ripple pattern (click here to see), which is a little more involved, but only for the first row or so. After that it's smooth sailing, just as the granny stripe blanket was.

I think tomorrow I might have more art to share with you. I'm staring at a new painting while typing this and am not sure it's done yet.

I hope you are having a cozy day. Our weather has been cool (almost cold) and super windy. Makes me want to sit on the couch wrapped in my new blanket...

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! Especially the border. Almost cold weather? If you were here, you'd be fanning yourself with that blanket! **kisskiss** Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liebe Silke,

    die leuchtenden Farben sind sehr schön.
    Es gefällt mir so.

    Alles Liebe
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the border absolutely set the whole piece off perfectly!
    Glad the washing went well~~you are a BRAVE CHICK! :-)
    Have to go check the other pattern...grabbed the comment box before it disappeared again...LOL!

    XXOO~~
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Silke,
    Is there no end to your talents? This crochet work is beautiful! Love the colors. I told someone that am not a wonderful crocheter, but I love to see the color come to life under my fingers.
    Don't you just find this cooler weather delicious! You know it will be in the 90's before too long.! Enjoy it while it lasts!
    Love,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blanket looks great! very colorful, and aren't stripes fun. I like the border a lot too. I got back on Sunday, and you might think it cold here, but it was colder there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cheerful blanket, and I too like the border! This would be a good one to drape over a couch, ready for a snuggle any time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Silke, it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! The colors are perfect! It makes me feel cozy, warm, and happy, just looking at the photo. It also makes me want to learn how to knit and crochet. You sure are multi talented.
    ♥ audrey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Un choix de couleurs sublime et bravo pour cette belle couverture crochetée.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is beautiful, and I can imagine it must be very nice sitting on your couch, wrapped up in this, enjoying a good book and a plate of sandwiches or cake with it :-)

    ReplyDelete