1. You are never too old to learn something new!
2. You may be too old to sit on the ground drawing for longer than two hours...
3. A cheap cardboard portfolio comes in handy as a "cushion" when you do have to sit on the ground drawing for longer than two hours.
4. Everyone has their own style.5. Pencil drawings can be quite exquisite!
6. A good pencil sharpener is a MUST.
7. As is a fantastic eraser ... or two!
8. Never be attached to your artwork if you are planning to learn all you can learn.
9. Be willing to start over completely even the day before the assignment is due if it's just not working.
10. Taking a class out of your comfort zone is much less scary and more fun than you might think.
14 x 20 inches (24 by 30 inches matted)
pencil drawing on drawing paper
11. I will never look at buttons the same way again...
12. Drawing definitely takes patience ... lots of patience ...
13. (because 13 is my favorite number) and it is definitely addictive! Next class coming up in a month from now...