Friday, May 23, 2014

Painting With Oils Again

I finished another oil painting and I am so very, very pleased with it.
Oil paintings take me so much longer to complete than acrylic paintings that I end up putting many, many hours into them.
Every time I am finished with a painting session, I have paint all over my hands and clothes. Consequently, I now have designated oil painting clothes!
I also find it interesting how my color palette in oils is so very different than when I paint in acrylics. It's so much more subdued and subtle.  I like both for different reasons - the happy, strong colors and the soft, muted ones.
Because this is a recycled canvas, the molding paste and paper collage I used for the previous painting give this new one plenty of excellent texture.
This girl has attitude. For a while she was looking quite angry, which really didn't go with the cup in her hand. I toned that down some, but not all the way. A little attitude is good, right?
The Offering12 x 16 inch oil on canvas

Available in my Etsy Shop here. 
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend ahead. We are having the best weather here and I hope you are, too!!

With lots of love and happy wishes,

Silke

6 comments:

  1. Liebe Silke,

    KUNSTVOLL!

    Alles Liebe
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I've never tried oil. I've done a little with acrylics, but am really just learning to play with art. I hope to someday try oils. Have a wonderful weekend!
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like this! - and it is a real contrast to what you posted today. I was beginning to think that as an artist I should have a particular 'style' or 'theme' and stick to it. However, you encourage me with your diversity…

    ReplyDelete