Friday, March 30, 2012

Of Lemons & Turtles

Daniel and I both love Moroccan food and one of the ingredients often is preserved lemon. It's super easy to make them and they do make those dishes taste wonderful!
The recipe I use is from the Arabesque cookbook. If you click here, it'll take you to an earlier blog post that tells you how to make them. Give it a try!
Before we left on our road trip, Daniel made chocolate covered turtles to give to all the friends we were going to be seeing - and one tin just for us... These delicious treats were somewhat time consuming to make (making the caramel took a long time of just stirring until the temperature was right). But, boy oh boy, were they worth it! (Click here for the recipe)
I am glad all of them are gone now because I couldn't stop tasting and eating them...
And then this morning I roughly (and very quickly) sketched out another little portrait. Truly little - I found this 4 x 6 inch cradled wood panel that hadn't been used yet. Can't have that, can we now?!

I had more planned for today's post, but this day is turning out way busier than I thought, so I'll save the rest for this weekend.

Wishing you a fantastic Friday!!

10 comments:

  1. Liebe Silke,

    einladend, fast schon verführerisch.

    In Liebe

    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, diese eingelegten Zitronen habe ich auch in allerbester Erinnerung. Die in einer Hühnchen-Tajine...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Silke,
    I have a recipe that I must post soon on my blog...it is also Morrocan and is so good! I love turtles too, caramel and chocolate- my favorite!
    Hope you are having a nice Spring!
    Love,
    KAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still licking my lips from the turtles... I'm going to try the lemons as soon as I get some unwaxed ones. That's the hard part - all ours are covered in wax nowadays to make them shine and look pretty but I prefer them to be natural.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did print out the lemon recipe Silke. I think I did on the last post but lost it. I have lemons right now so I will give it a try. Your work keeps getting better and better. Love it! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can send some turtles my way, preserved lemons are the best, thanks for your recipe! xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Die Schildkröten sehen klasse aus.
    Echt süß!

    Ich hab eine Frage, vielleicht kannst du mir helfen. Auf deiner Seitenleiste oben kommt man durch Klick direkt auf deinen Shop. Wenn ich versuche eine neue seite einzufügen und zu verlinken, erscheint der Link nur unten auf der Seite zum andrücken und ich werde nicht weitergeleitet, Wie hast du das hingekriegt?
    Liebe Grüße
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  8. home made turtles and preserved lemons? you sound like a southern girl, silke! hee hee

    here's wishing you and daniel and your women a fulfilled weekend.

    kiss kiss
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deine Turtles sehen echt süß aus liebe Silke. Da mag man gar nicht reinbeißen.
    LG Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm...those lemons look great. And the turtles look tasty and cute! :) Nice little portrait, too! :)

    ReplyDelete