Sunday, March 25, 2012

Museum Inspiration

After we left Washington, DC, we visited our friend Sheila who took us to the American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore.
What a place ~~ pure inspiration and so much fun!!
While we were not allowed to take any photos on the inside (you can click here to see more of their collections), the outside of the museum was equally captivating.
I thought you might enjoy some of the art and the museum itself!




Love this picture of the two of us! 







An artist is hatched...
Before I continue with some more photos from our road trip, we'll have a giveaway that starts tomorrow.

So, be sure to come back to visit!!

11 comments:

  1. Liebe Silke,

    bezaubernd schön.
    So schnell geht eine Woche vorbei.

    Sonnige Grüße
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Silke
    Deine Fotos, sowohl die aus Washington als auch die aus dem Museum, sind wieder mal große Klasse.
    Ich hab von diesem Museum noch nie etwas gehört und bin ganz begeistert.
    Wie inspirierend!
    Ich wünsch dir eine schöne Woche
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allein das Auto ist schon der Hammer. Schön, dass es bei euch schon so warm ist.
    LG Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to go to this museum!! I adore this kind of art! Looks like you are having such a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the first photo and the wooden ribs photo. In fact, I like them all, of course. And a great photo of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super photos! I enjoyed the cherry blossom too - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely fabulous photos!!!! Looks like you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Silke,
    This looks like a fun and wonderful place. Tons of inspiration. I was in Baltimore a few years back ~ wish I had known about this Museum then.
    Thanks for sharing. Great photographs, as always.
    ♥ audrey

    ReplyDelete
  9. We visited this art museum while were in Baltimore a few years back. I thought it was a wonderful place. Kinda crazy but fun nonetheless. Not my husband or mothers cup of tea but I enjoyed it very much. The postcards going up the staircase were interesting and the large figures made out of everything under the sun were peculiar. The gift shop was full of funny little things. I have a closeup of the nest and the mosaic bird out front. Baltimore is fun to visit.

    ReplyDelete