Thursday, March 8, 2012

Alexa - Finished Painting

This turned out to be a sweet little painting (5 x 7 inches) on a layer of Golden's Fiber Paste, giving it the appearance of having been painted on handmade paper.
I think this is the first girl I've painted who is wearing a hat. It suits her though, I think.
She looks like she knitted it herself... ;-)
Alexa
5 x 7 inch (13 x 18 cm) painting on wrapped canvas


SOLD ~~ thank you! 

Yesterday, I spent almost five hours in the print studio and finished my last two editions. Today we have our final critique and on Tuesday is cleanup. Then class is done and I'll have more time again for other things...which will be good!

I'm working on more felted hearts and also two paintings - one portrait (I already showed you the underpainting) and one little still life.

15 comments:

  1. Liebe Silke,

    ich freue mich wieder über deine Kunst.

    Sonnige Grüße

    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liebe Elisabeth,

      Wie immer freue ich mich ueber deinen Besuch!!

      Ganz liebe Gruesse,

      Silke

      Delete
  2. I love the way you have used the fiber paste. I have some of this and have only used it here and there. I like the idea of covering your canvas and painting over it for this texture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun to use, Janet, but I found it a little difficult to paint on. The texture really makes the surface very uneven, but the effect is beautiful! xo Silke

      Delete
  3. It's very sweet, Silke. I like the effect of painting it over fiber paste. Love the soft look to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Theresa!! It does make the painting look very soft... Thanks for your visit!! xoxo Silke

      Delete
  4. Hi Silke..she is very Beautiful! She has a wonderful presence and such a gorgeous color palette in this piece ..lots of wonderful energy and texture...
    Beautiful photos..!
    victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Victoria, thank you! I was very pleased with her - color, texture, hat and all... xo Silke

      Delete
  5. She's adorable! :-) And I love her hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I think her hat could also be crocheted... ;-) xo Silke

      Delete
  6. Ich bin ganz begeistert von den Frauenköpfen, vor allem von Alexa. Bin auf dein Blog durch Rein (Plezier traf Papiermaché) aufmerksam geworden.

    Liebe Grüße aus Deutschand
    Biggi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Biggi, ich freue mich ueber deinen Besuch!! Rein's Blog habe ich ganz am Anfang meines Blogginabenteuers gefunden und bin dort haeufig zu Besuch. Deinen Blog werde ich jetzt auch mal anschauen...

      Liebe Gruesse!! Silke

      Delete
  7. Sie ist sehr schön geworden, und die Mütze sieht wirklich aus wie selbstgestrickt, wahrscheinlich von dir ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liebe Janine, vielen Dank! :-) Mir gefaellt die Muetze auch - komisch, dass ich vorher noch nie eine gemalt habe... Gestrickt ja, aber noch nicht gemalt. xoxo Silke

      Delete
  8. I love this one Silke - the colours are so moody and pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete