Thursday, March 1, 2012

Busy days...

These have been busy days and somehow I haven't found the peace of mind to blog or to visit your blogs. And I miss it! Somehow blogging has become a real anchor in my life... 
I have to leave in a few minutes to help hang another show our printing classes are having at Little Beasts, a gallery here in Savannah. The opening is tomorrow night - like I said: busy days!
I now have three prints I will include in this show. By the end of next week, I hope I'll have a fourth print finished... wish me luck!
Pomegranate
It has been unusually warm here, 84 degrees yesterday, so I snapped a few photos from around our yard.
Hydrangea
As you can see everything is coming to life and starting to bloom!
Kumquat
Springtime is simply gorgeous here...
Narcissus

Arugula

Blueberry Flowers

Yarrow

Lemon Balm

Cyclamen

Azalea

Oxalis (Shamrocks)

More...

Gerbera Daisy

Wishing you a sunny and colorful day!!

8 comments:

  1. March is coming in like a lion up here in Maine - it's a snow day! Thanks for a taste of spring - it's a good reminder of what I have to look forward to. Glad you are able to share your amazing prints with others, Silke. Echat with you soon! hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot believe you are having snow and we had 84 degrees yesterday! Today it has rained and no it's cooler, but I'm still in a t-shirt, jeans and sandals! Crazy weather for us...

      Just got back from hanging the show - my three printed girls look wonderful all together. I'm hoping to add a fourth. Might make a nice set of greeting cards...

      Hugs, Silke

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Beautiful!!!!
    I'm moving in.....
    Just warning you! :-)

    XXOO~~
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be expecting you, then! Bring your yarn stash!! ;-) xo Silke

      Delete
  3. Liebe Silke,

    das ist eine Pracht.

    Alles Liebe
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liebe Elisabeth,

      Der Fruehling hat hier voll begonnen - gestern hatten wir fast 30 Grad - zu warm! Heute hat es geregnet und ist wieder etwas kuehler...

      Dir Sonnige Gruesse!! Alles Liebe, Silke

      Delete
  4. Der Hintergrund ist toll, erinnert mich an Spitzendeckchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Genau das war es! I used a doily as a stencil when etching the plate! It came out so great!! :) xo Silke

      Delete