Friday, December 18, 2009

New Scarves, a Book and a Movie

So much is going on these days that I could do three posts a day if I had the time! I also wish I had more time to visit you all on your blogs - but I'll make the time this weekend and get caught up with what's been going on with you!
In the meantime, I've finished and listed two new scarves in my Etsy shop. One is elegant and lace in violets and rose tones, and the other one is warm, soft and cuddly in a bluish/grey/green color. You can check them out further by clicking here.
Daniel and I like to listen to certain programs on National Public Radio, among them The Splendid Table - because we both love to cook and eat! Lately, I've been trying lots of new recipes from their cookbook and all of them are excellent and delicious. Plus, it has great tips and stories as an added bonus. So, if you like to cook, you might check it out!
Yesterday afternoon, Daniel and I did a rare thing - we went to the movies!! A couple of weeks ago we had heard an interview on National Public Radio's Fresh Air with Wes Anderson about his new stop-motion animation film Fantastic Mr. Fox, based on the children's book by Roald Dahl. It was wonderful and we both highly recommend it. Here's the trailer if you want to take a look:

I hope you are all doing well and are having a wonderful Friday! I'll be visiting your blogs this weekend!! And, in case I don't say it often enough, thank you for continuing to visit mine!

17 comments:

  1. This is the place for creative ideas for sure, Silke! Someday you'll have to teach me how to post videos! Wonderful scarves and two great recommendations! Thank you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scarves Silke, you do a wonderful job. I think we are all busy, I know I am too. Just popped in to say hi and have a great weekend. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stopping by here, there's always something fun to see, to learn, to share.

    I can't wait to bring my son to see Fantastic Mr Fox. It won't be out here in Italy for another little while.

    Thanks for the trailer, I'll show him that in the meantime.

    Buon Natale
    Eleonora xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about so much going on and so much potential for blogging...it's just such a busy time of year and only so many hours in the day!

    Gorgeous scarves!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is certainly a busy time of year, and I am way behind on posting to my blog. But I always try to make time to stop by yours! Your 2 new scarves are really pretty. I'm familiar with The Splendid Table, but I have not heard the show for a long time. Not sure if it is on the air here. Animation movies are not typically my thing, although I did enjoy the original Toy Story movie when I saw it with my friend. That was in December 1999. And now here we are on the eve of a new decade.

    Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your scarf is beautiful, silke!! and i'm so glad that you and your daniel took some time out for a movie....how fun!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL scarves!!! loving the greens and blues in the one wrapped around you!!! someday maybe you can teach me too how to post videos...i can't seem to figure that one out!
    glad you took time to go the movies...that is one of my most favorite things to do!!! xoxox Happy weekend to you.
    k
    www.heartwingsisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty scarves! Have a wonderful Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you shared the trailer, we have a family night once a week with the grandson and all sit down for a movie...this one would be perfect for all of us. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those scarves are beautiful and elegant! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Silke, the scarves are so lovely! By the way, we did go see The Fantastic Mr. Fox and LOVED it!!! Stop motion animation is my all-time favorite. :) I did update my blog with a few traditional holiday recipes - hope you can stop by. :) Have a great day!!! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the heads up re: the movie it looks "Fantastic". I'm always looking for a good movie to go see.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw that movie with my son and it is a movie for all ages!! I'm so happy you found my blog and was able to enter into the giveaway. I have followed your blog for awhile now!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely scarves! My hubby and I love the Splendid Table also! He is the cook of the family.
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely scarf, I know that type yarn is very finicky, so well done! I've heard that the Mr. Fox movie is fun, I love stop-motion too. Happy Christmas!
    xx
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love reading about you and Daniel doing so many things together! That is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your energy is amazing, Silke. I love how much you manage to fit into your days. What an inspiration you are! Wishing you the best of the season, bright one. Love xx

    ReplyDelete