Thursday, January 9, 2014

Still Playing in my Studio

After what I talked about in yesterday's post and accepting that maybe (that sounds certain, doesn't it?) I AM and artist, I find that it has changed how I approach my day.
Usually I get everything else done before I "allow" myself time in my studio. Some days there's time leftover and other days there isn't.
Yesterday and today, I took care of what was important - like feeding the animals - then put on my painting apron and went to my studio.
It feels more like I mean business. In a very good way!
And I started a new painting on canvas. It's still very tame, and I like her face. It might look very different when I am finished with it, so I thought I'd post a picture while it's still pretty. :)
I hope you are having a terrific Thursday. For me it's time for lunch and then some knitting and chores around the house. The temperatures are warmer again and we are all thawing out.

It's a good day! And I'm wishing the same for you!!

Silke

5 comments:

  1. Liebe Silke,

    PERFEKTE KUNST!

    Alles Liebe
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo! I would translate "meaning business" as being clear & focused & sure...I must work more on getting other business done before going to the art room...She is a graceful lady, your new creation...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't do anything else to this painting. Those eyes are so interesting, searching for something

    ReplyDelete