Thursday, January 23, 2014

Another Charcoal Drawing

Today I had another portrait class and this is the result. I have to say I'm a little bit proud of this!

I really love working with charcoal. It's fascinating that when I just follow the lights and darks and draw in the shadows, suddenly there is a face that looks a lot like the actual model, who was a very nice young artist.
I hope you are all doing well! I have much more to share, but that will have to come later.

Wishing you a wonderful evening!

Silke

7 comments:

  1. Nice work! I have always been finicky about drawing in charcoal because oooh, it's messy and gets your fingers dirty. Yes, THAT'S why I'm not an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liebe Silke,

    sehr ausdrucksvoll!
    Alles Liebe
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your charcoal work is amazing...

    You make it sound so simple but...

    I am very, very sure, it isn't. For others. :-)

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liebe Silke,
    darauf kannst du wirklich stolz sein. Ein sehr interessantes Protrait ist dir gelungen.
    Viele Grüße nach Savannah. Bei uns ist es momentan auch sehr kalt. Ein fieser Ostwind. Unser Kater hat sich einen Schnupfen eingefangen. Ich befürchte, wir müssen nächste Woche zum Doc.
    LG Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow girlfriend!!! :D I really need to get my butt in gear... I really don't know what my problem is lately!
    Hugs always,
    Beth P

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a stunning drawing. Good work! Found you via the Blog party at 2 bags full. ;)

    ReplyDelete