Monday, January 6, 2014

Dinner Tonight

I don't know about you, but I love soup. Always, but especially when it's cold out. And my favorites are thick and hearty soups like this one I made yesterday and ate today. The recipe said it was best when made a day or two ahead and they were right. It was amazing!!
See? Nothing left!! Also note the homemade bread in the picture above. That deserves a post of its own tomorrow...
I found the recipe here and modified it just a little to fit what I had on hand. I left out the sausage and added a few parsnips. And before serving I drizzled on a little olive oil and added some grated parmesan. Yum!!

Stay warm, everyone!!

Silke

4 comments:

  1. I love soup at this time of year alsi (had some for lunch today), and this one looks very good and a bit heartier than the type of soup I usually make. (I tried clicking on the link to the recipe, but for some reason, it did not work for me.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soup is always welcome here, but of course especially when it is cold outside :-)
    Yes, that looks just like the kind of soup that gets better every time you heat it up again.
    The bread looks great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love to eat soup during winter time. :)

    ReplyDelete