Saturday, January 11, 2014

A Foggy Saturday Morning

I love fog! And I thought by living on the coast we'd have a lot of fog, but for some reason we don't. So whenever we have a foggy morning, I like to get outside and enjoy it.
Because there was a marathon going on at Fort Pulaski this morning, Winslow and I walked along the Savannah River.
We were all alone. It was beautiful.
And moody.
And peaceful.
And inspiring.
And invigorating.
When you can't see anything further away, you tend tend to notice details closer to you. I loved that gnarly tree trunk above and the frozen and thawed berries below.
I like the mysteriousness of the river in the fog.
And the starkness of a wintery scene.
And a path of which I can't see the end.
Winslow had fun as well.
And I hope you enjoyed this little walk with us.
Wishing you a beautiful weekend!!

Silke

13 comments:

  1. It's foggy here as well! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I'm reading this a fog horn is blowing in the background. I love that sound. Enjoy your day. Love lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liebe Silke,

    viel Freude wünscht dir
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, just like you. Looks quite chilly!!!

    **kisskiss**
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first photo is stunning. Thanks for taking us along on your morning walk. I enjoyed it and didn't feel the cold and damp at all.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so beautiful and I agree, it looks chilly, but it was actually quite warm and balmy this morning. Storms this afternoon and then much colder tonight. That's the South for you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful discoveries on your walk Silke. It has been incredibly foggy and pouring rain here all day… but there is still snow on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like balmy. Your photos are very nice. The first is my favorite.

    Love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonjour,
    Je découvre ton blog, j'aime beaucoup ton travail! Des aventures et de très belles photos.
    Je suis artiste peintre, photographe amateur; je me suis inscrite pour suivre tes publications!
    Je t'invite à me rendre visite sur mes blogs et voir mon travail, merci beaucoup et bonne journée! Cath.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I lived in St. Mary's Georgia as a teenager and I well remember the fog over the marsh. Too young to appreciate the beauty at that time of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fog.. I love fog... And mist... Everything is softer, more muted... Mysterious... Magical... -happy sigh-

    Thank you for sharing...

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hah -- I also love fog! I even wrote a poem about fog which was published in my school's magazine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I, too, love fog. I don't like how the wet cold makes me feel, creeping into my bones, and it then takes me ages to get warm again, but I like the moodiness and how all sounds are strangely muffled and familiar landscapes take on a mysterious aura.

    ReplyDelete