Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Morning Light

It is a new morning of a new year and somehow everything (this happens every year) feels fresh and new. It feels good to me to leave 2012 behind and embark on a new year. I wonder what it will bring?
Morning Light
acrylics on canvas
5 x 5 x 1.5 inches

We celebrated New Years Eve with good friends and good food - a wonderful way to say good-bye to the old and usher in the new! Today we will relax and enjoy the leftovers of the good food. We will read and maybe paint, take a walk, maybe a nap, and I will enjoy visiting some of your blogs...

Wishing you all a very happy and healthy start to 2013!

Silke

9 comments:

  1. Guten Rutsch Silke!!!All the best to you and yours in 2013!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Silke and loving your beautiful painting. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful painting! Happy New Year to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Silke!
    We did about the same; good food, good drink, laughs.....me dozing off before midnight, ah well!
    Love the light in the painting...sort of says it all about the new year we've entered.

    XXOO~~
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful, Silke! I have missed your inspirational artwork this year due to an unplanned hiatus on my part, but I look forward to reconnecting again in 2013.

    Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, may 2013 be even better to you than 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year, Silke. May it be good to all of us.
    Your painting is beautiful ~ you captured the light so well.
    audrey xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, all, for your comments! You always make me smile and I am glad we are embarking into this new year together... Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete