Saturday, September 24, 2011

Never say never...

5 x 5" original painting (gone to a good home)
 

6 x 6" original painting


By now I should know that often when I say I am finished with something, I'm really not at all. So it is with the square flower paintings (well, one heart snuck in when I wasn't watching...). The canvas size has increased a little, but I'm still with the flowers and may be for a while. This last one, an Angel's Trumpet flower, isn't quite finished yet, but I like where it's heading. I love drawing and painting - it is so soothing to my soul!
The plant theme also seems to expand into my etching class. Here is a copper plate covered with a heard ground, into which I "drew" the image of a dandelion seed head with a scraper. I'll make a couple of changes this morning, then head to the print studio to etch it and then print a proof to see how I like it. I'm starting to make friends with the etching/printing process and that's good! For a while there we weren't sure we were going to like each other...

I hope you all are enjoying a beautiful weekend!!

20 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you are still painting the flowers, they are lovely and must come from a place of joy in you. Have a good week-end. Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silke,

    Beautiful, beautiful!
    I am making an effort to visit more often :-). Have a wonderful weekend!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - Silke I love the dandelion seed head - it is absolutely stunning! Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! My faves are the dandelion seed head & the heart! Hope you have a relaxing weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your paintings are wonderful!! I love the way they look all hanging together!! Can't wait to see your dandelion seed---I have always loved the way they look!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Angel's Trumpet reminds me of New Orleans~~I took quite a few photos of them there and have used them in my work. They are magnificent plants!
    Love the four paintings!
    I never know what you're up to next...LOL! ;-D

    XXOO~~
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous Silke and can I say lookin very posh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liebe Silke,

    wir freuen uns wieder über deinen
    schönen Blog.

    Alles Liebe
    Angela und Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty Silke! I love the 'one heart snuck in'....too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are full of surprises, Miss Silke!! The Angel's Trumpet is very pretty and I am loving the Dandelion Seed Head. Creativity is just oozing out of you. (:
    audrey ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my these are gorgeous silke! the painting and the dandelion, i love that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all gorgeous, I like them a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pieces Silke!! Don't you just love painting on the black background?! Everything just pops!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Silke,
    I hope you are doing well,
    I haven´t been around for a long time.
    It´s great to be back and to see what you all created.
    I love your flowers, they look very pretty and decorative.
    Have a great week
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like you are having so much fun!
    That makes me smile and so does your art!
    Have a great week Silke!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Silke- it's a girl's prerogative to change herons you know! The flower paintings continue to be beautiful- I'm loving the beautiful trumpet flower!

    Your etchings are evolving beautifully- you are amazing!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have a gift for painting flowers, Silke! :) These are just stunning. And that etching - WOW!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. a series!

    your growth in the last twelve month has been faster than the speed of light. and just as bright.

    these are great, silke. to me this is an example of strength in numbers: they are each wonderful alone, but ahhh, together they are magnificent.

    :^)
    kj

    ReplyDelete