Friday, April 28, 2017

Abstract Acrylics

Lately I've felt in a rut with my art and a little stuck only painting animals and then I realized that I can branch out however I would like to. So I have entered an abstract art phase, where I am free to just follow colors and shapes and experiment.
With these four paintings, I wanted to use a limited color palette: Phthalo Turquoise, Nickel Azo Yellow, Transparent Red Iron Oxide, plus Titanium White.
And I wanted to paint a series of four, working with big brushes and a palette knife.
All similar yet each distinct. I painted over old canvases, which already had texture on them making the paintings even more interesting to me.
Right now I'm working on a new abstract painting that has a lot of texture I created with molding paste and stencils. I'll post it as soon as I finish it.

It's been a while since I posted to Paint Party Friday and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's awesome art. Head on over to check it out!

Silke

10 comments:

  1. Love the limited palette and yet each makes a vibrant statement. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful art! Happy PPF, Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great. Yes I too find it quite interesting to paint abstract.
    Your paintings give a lovely feeling and warmth. I love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this on FB and fell in love with it. The yellow is what pulls me into it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your abstracts! Great colors, I love them.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful abstract series... very cohesive!! Great shapes and texture!! You have an amazing way with colour too!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. the limited colours work really well together :) sort of reminds me of abandoned houses at s swamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are quite beautiful Silke.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! I see cityscape and its reflection in the water. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look wonderful! I love painting over old pieces that don't speak to me anymore, and incorporate their textures into new ones. A very satisfying way of recycling :)

    ReplyDelete