1. LinkedIn - I'm a member and I have lots of connections, but I'll be darned to know how to properly make use of it. I see some people posting things and have no idea how to do that.
2. ##Hashtags## - I don't understand them at all... Do people just make them up? And why?
3. Instagram - people use it like a blog. I still use my blog. Plus, I tried it and promptly forgot to use it.
4. Twitter - I have followers (quite a few) and I follow people (again, quite a few), but I don't have the time nor the inclination to constantly tweet about stuff. My blog posts get tweeted about automatically, but that's it for my involvement. And I think that's how it will remain.
5. Google+ - I did ok with regular Google, but I do not understand how Google+ works. At all.
6. Tumblr - I never quite caught on to that one.
7. Flickr - again, some people use it so wonderfully and I love looking through their images. Some use it like a blog and belong to groups and such. I have uploaded some of my art, but that's where it all stops. Hmmm....
I think the main problem I have is that it's time consuming to learn about all these things and I'd rather be painting or reading or cooking with my time.
However, it could also be that some people have figured out how to post once and have it post to many different social media sites. I haven't figured that out yet.
In the end, I come back to Blogger and Facebook and sometimes Pinterest to connect with my friends and get inspired.
How savvy are you with all of this? What do you like most? Any recommendations?
❧ SilkeP.S. And just because I don't like a post without a photo, here is one Daniel snapped yesterday of a very happy me about to bite into an almond croissant...