Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Cruise 2017 - San Juan, Puerto Rico (Part 1)

We have so many photos from San Juan that I'm showing them in two blog posts. Our arrival started with a cloudy and very windy morning. It looked like we might have to take the umbrellas.
Can you see me by the railing? I was holding on because the wind was unreal. 
As we got closer, the weather improved and we were eager to get a good look at San Juan. 
It had been hit so hard by Hurricane Maria (who also hit us as a strong tropical storm) that it devastated parts of the island. And they still haven't fully recovered.
However, San Juan was ready for tourists again, which is great for the revenue of the island. 

A view of the beautiful fort El Morro. 

Once off the ship, we just walked around town and took in the sights. 
There were places we could see some of the effects of the hurricane, but in general the town was as  beautiful as I remember it from last time!




Another big cruise ship that was in town that day. I think there were three altogether. 




Finally it was time for a libation and for cooling down in the beautiful Convento, an old convent turned into a gorgeous hotel. 
After this, we wandered some more and had lunch in a local restaurant. Daniel then went on to explore El Morro and I went back to the ship with the rest of our party. I don't do well with heat and humidity, so often Daniel explores more then I do. I'll show the photos he took in my next post! 

Silke

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful trip!!! The storm looks quite frightening, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some truly wonderful work on behalf of the owner of this internet site , perfectly great articles . parcheggio san marco

    ReplyDelete