Sunday, June 11, 2017

Art!!!

Wow! I can't believe a month has passed since my last blog post. It's been a busy few weeks with life and art and friends visiting.
All the abstract experimenting has led me to changes in my art. In this piece I worked with many, many layers of high flow acrylics and also using some of my stencils.

 What you can't see very well in the photos is the gold I used.
 Not just as paint with the stencils, but also gold-colored metal leaf at the end.
The result is a beautiful 9 x 12 inch portrait, somewhat mysterious and quite layered. This painting has sold.
The following painting is quite a bit larger (16 x 20 inches) and here I again worked with stencils, but this time using them with light molding paste to add texture and structure to the painting.
If you look in the lower right corner, those flower shapes are raised.

As are the flowers in the photo below. Such gorgeous texture!
I'm really enjoying working larger even though it takes much longer. And I love painting human portraits again in addition to my animal paintings.
I hope you are having a wonderful June! I'm spending much of it painting and I'll have more to show you soon!

Silke

6 comments:

  1. Love the softness of the first one! The second one is much more hard edged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors of both of them!
    Keep those creative juices flowing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colors as always. They look like garden fairies to me.Happy week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These paintings are gorgeous! I love to use molding paste, your textures are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so beautiful!
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow,i love your paintings,love the colors,just beautiful ladys,the second one like was a fairie!

    greetings jenny

    ReplyDelete