Thursday, May 11, 2017

Mama Raccoon

As I already mentioned in a previous post, we have a raccoon nest high up in a tree next to our house and I take a peek to see what mama raccoon is up to as often as I can. Yesterday, I didn't see her all day. But this morning she was active and posed for my camera.
After being outside the nest for a while, she went back in head first.
She turned around on the inside and for a while all I could see was her ear.
And then she stuck her head out and looked left...
and right...
and got ready to leave once again.

She always stays close, but it looks like she needs a break from the babies once in a while. Especially as the temperatures heat up, it must get quite warm in the nest.

We've lived here for 11 years and see raccoons almost every day and we've never had an issue with them, which we are very grateful for. Can't wait to catch a glimpse of the babies!

Silke

2 comments:

  1. Love the photos. We have a lot of raccoons here too. However they are very destructive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've got the best behaved raccoons in North America!

    ReplyDelete