Thursday, February 2, 2017

Video & Lots of Art

Well, it's been awhile but I'm back with another video and a lot of art! In the video I'll show you a couple of my paintings and also tell you about a class I'm taking and a book I'm reading. So it's not strictly show & tell. If you just want to see my art, I'm showing it all below.


Since my last post, I've finished six little paintings. A chicken,
 a camel (just look at those eye lashes!),
 an otter (I was stunned by the number of whiskers),
 a hedgehog (the cutest!),
a rooster (Happy Chinese New Year),
and a young leopard.
The stag on the other hand is a large painting (24 x 30 inches), which took a while to finish. There's so much to see in all the layers that went into this painting. It looks like worlds within worlds...



In the video I'm talking about a class I'm taking with Jeanne Oliver, called Wild Awakening: Painting Big with Expressive Freedom. It's wonderful!! In one video she suggested we go out in nature to find alternative brushes like branches, leaves and in my case pine needles and cones.
I used them all for mark making and had the best time!
Just look at some of this gorgeous texture!

The result was a stunning and large (12 x 36 inches) emperor penguin!  Just look at that intense expression! They are magnificent creatures!!

I hope you have all been doing well. I'm looking forward to seeing what you've been up to these last few weeks!

I'm linking to Paint Party Friday where inspiration always abounds!


Silke
P.S. The book Jeanne Oliver recommended, that I'm talking about in the video is called "The War of Art" by Steven Pressfield. 

12 comments:

  1. Dear Silke, I must have missed your video some weeks ago, because this one is the first I have seen - it is so nice to see you move and hear you talk! It makes you become "more alive" than just a photo of you.
    Unlike you, I have not much to talk about in a video and think it would be just plain silly of me to post one, otherwise I'd give it a shot and let my regular readers see and hear me talk, too. I'd probably see a mass loss of readers afterwards :-D

    The otter is the one painting of this lot that stands out for me. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic art, so much wonderful colour and texture. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. All you painted are just gorgeous. The hedgehog is the cutest one I see.
    Happy PPF xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the animals and the bright colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful these paintings... Love the eyelashes on the camel! And what a fun way to use things from nature as brushes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are just on a roll. So much art and I love your vidis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these all, but especially Chicken, Otter and Rooster!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What i like about your paintings is that i feel the familiarity of the animals you choose, yet they all seem so different, almost like new species. I think the colors breath new life into them. Thank you for sharing. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your colourful art is so much fun! So bright and happy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You already know I am such a fan of these glorious pieces of amazement!! The eyes are always so telling and intensely gorgeous!!Also I LOVED your video...very informative and interesting!! I love the little fun tips about what you have learned. I always say "Boundaries set you free" which you have done! I often tell friends who say they never have time for art to schedule art like a doctors appointment.... you have done a great job at expressing how you have given yourself the gift of time!! Well done my friend..I'm impressed! You accomplished so much!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  11. That otter is just the cutest! Love the bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your art. Enjoyed the video! So different from what I do but you are a real inspiration!. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete