Sunday, June 15, 2014

Playing with Paint

Dear friends, I have been so sparse in blogland. I haven't written or visited your blogs. I'm barely keeping pace with my life and the creative explosion I seem to be experiencing lately. At the same time I have this yearning to connect with you again, to write about all that's going on and to show you some of the things that excite me at the moment. 
When I have been here at home, I've been painting every day and usually finishing a small painting every day.
I've painted those without preconceived plans of what I wanted to paint, just being guided by colors and shapes - a truly exciting way to paint.
Some came out bright and clear, others more dramatic and even moody.
All of them spoke to me and reflected my feelings at the moment. And I realized that most of all, I like to paint how I feel rather than what I see. A still life might be a nice exercise I could enjoy, what really gets me excited is when my paintings convey emotion. Even with my portraits. I am much more interested in making sure they are expressive rather than painted in detail. I haven't figured out why that is, but maybe that's not important.
Ok, I have more to show you in my next blog post - a couple of portraits I finished recently. Plus jewelry and a few sewing projects. Lots has been going on!

But for now, I am signing off and am going to visit some of your blogs before I do anything else!

And after a long hiatus, I'm linking this to the awesome Paint Party Friday.

With lots of love!

Silke

10 comments:

  1. Liebe Silke,

    ich bin froh, dass du wieder
    so schöne Posts einstellst.

    Sonnige Grüße
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW eine wundervolle Farbexplosion, das liebe ich!
    Danke für Deinen Besuch so konnte ich Deinen blog finden, es gefällt mir sehr gut, was ich hier sehe, darum hab ich mich gleich als Verfolger eingetragen:-)
    Einen schönen Adend wünsche ich Dir,
    lG Anja

    ReplyDelete
  3. His work with the vibrant colors seems like a very good piece of observation. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you, the paintings I love the most are the ones that express emotions. We all have emotions so it is easy to relate to ... we don't need a degree in art to get it. The paointings in this post are most inspiring. The colors, the moods, the emotions all speak to me. I am so glad you are back ... not that you are obligated to always be here, but I enjoy it when you are. Looking forward to more of your creations ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sehr schoen! Wonderful vibrant colors and I can see you have been having fun playing with paint!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so nice to hear from you again.

    but the important thing is, you are doing what is making you thrive.

    yes, this is the most important thing.

    gentle hugs,
    tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice you are back. Love the colorful art with so much movement.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liebe Silke,

    du hast ordentlich in den Farbtopf gegriffen, deine jeweilige Stimmung ist durchaus spürbar. Tolle Effekte hast du so erzielt.

    Fröhliche Grüße

    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    Cool artwork, You are invited to share your work with my new meme, Feline Art Friday, It doesn't have to be feline related:

    http://kittypartay.blogspot.com/2014/06/feline-art-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete