Saturday, June 21, 2014

Faithful Visitors

Every day for the past many years, a pair of red-bellied woodpeckers comes to our backyard feeders. They are so used to us and our animals that we get to watch them extensively and up close.
And every year they bring their offspring to feed it. This, too, we get to watch up close and today I took some beautiful photos for you!
Thank you so much for all your thoughtful comments on my last blog post when I was wondering about continuing to blog. I've decided to keep it going for now because I still enjoy it, but more than that I find it useful for myself.
I mentioned in my last post that maybe I needed to "talk" less, but it's that talking to myself that I do here that is the most helpful to me. I really write much of this for my own benefit, to write out my thoughts, to figure things out.
This creative journey is still new to me. I am still in the experimental phase working on all kinds of things, with different media in various styles at the same time, something many artists do when they are in school. And writing about it helps me sort it out.
What gets me into trouble is when I try to figure out what might be interesting to you. Because I can't. I need to focus on what's fun and interesting and helpful to me and then if you like to visit, that's great!
Part of my blogging dilemma also stems from the fact that my relationship to my blog has changed. As with everything that takes on a life of it's own, it never stays the same and sometimes I look at it and wonder if I still like what is happening.
For now I do. I'll keep my focus on what is useful and fun for me to blog about.
And I hope you'll continue to visit when you find the time. And that you'll find my offerings interesting as well...
As I wrote this, the red-bellied woodpecker dad and the baby were at the feeder again. They are so beautiful to watch!

Linking to:

Happy first day of summer!

Silke

11 comments:

  1. Danke für die tollen Naturfotos, ich liebe das udn die Vögelchen sind so wunderschön. Wünsche Dir einen schönen Restabend und sonnigen Sonntag,
    lG Anja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liebe Silke,

    so schöne Fotos mit Vögeln habe ich noch nie gesehen.

    Alles Liebe
    Rlisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your shots of these beautiful wood peckers, and how lucky you are to be able to get up so close to them. I am glad you have decided to continue your blog, and I agree 100 percent that your main focus should be what is fun and meaningful to you. When you look back at this in the future it will be a record of what you have done and enjoyed. I think that the main purpose of a blog is for your own pleasure, not how many people you can please or get to visit. Make it a joyful place for your self!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  4. what beautiful photos, silke. i love birds and love seeing them

    you spend a lot of time alone with your art and learning, yes? i wonder if there will be a right time for you to have a studio near or with other artists; that way of learning.

    your work has grown enormously even in the last six months. i can tell it's flowing…

    love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful photos! thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WONderful...absolutely wonderful!! Your woodpecker photo shares are great.

    ...and talk to yourself here all you want...we'll listen!!

    Thank you for linking up this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic photos! What a treat to get to see them every year. Glad you decided to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Silke, awesome photos of the woodpeckers.. It is neat you are able to see them up close and with their young. I enjoyed your post! I hope you keep blogging. Thank you so much for linking up your post with my critter party. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely shots of these cuties. great you get to see the juveniles, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous captures of the adult and juvenile. I especially liked when they're side by side.

    As for blogging, I always take time away from it, so it doesn't get overwhelming for me. I also agree about blogging about things that's enjoyable so it won't burn me out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely shots of the woodpeckers.

    ReplyDelete