Saturday, February 8, 2014

Just because...

... it rained most of the day and the sky was gray and it was somewhat cold, I am thinking of soup and remembered that I hadn't yet shared with you the chicken & wild rice soup recipe I made the other day.
I found this slow cooker recipe on Pinterest. Remember what I told you how Pinterest always launches me into action?! What made me want to try this immediately was that this soup is made with coconut milk and turmeric, which I found intriguing. It was delicious!! The recipe made a lot, so I ate leftovers for a couple of days and then froze the rest. We'll see how it survives the freezer...

If you want to give it a try, you can find the recipe here.

Bon Appétit!

Silke

6 comments:

  1. Silke-- nothing warms a dreary winter day like homemade soup! Chicken and rice is one of my favorites--

    You seem to be doing just fine while you are on your own-- I'm loving seeing Daniels photos that he shares--
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmmm! I love soups and sauces done with coconut milk.
    I see you have not been using your favourite bowl this time, but somehow the light blue one suits the coconut milk better, doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really yummy!!

    Nice Sunday for you Silke.

    ♥ isabella

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great and so does that blog , off to follow them, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just made chicken and rice soup, but I've pinned this recipe for next time! I'm trying to get more turmeric into my diet, and this sounds delicious - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete