Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sketching with Paint

Here's something I haven't done in a long time - a sketch done entirely in paint. Last night, in about 45 minutes, I took a small canvas, a couple of paint brushes, titanium white, naphthol red and paynes gray and painted this woman's face.
No previous outline, no pencil sketch first, just paint and brushes. It felt good. I'm not sure what I'll do with her. Maybe develop her further, maybe paint over her. We'll see.

For now ~ from rainy Savannah ~ I wish you a cozy and peaceful Tuesday!

Silke

2 comments:

  1. Liebe Silke,

    über deine Kunst staune ich immer
    wieder erneut.

    Alles Liebe
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liebe Silke,
    so schön ist sie, deine blaue Frau. Ein bisschen verträumt und doch ganz klar...hach..schön einfach!
    Herzensgruß
    Ines

    ReplyDelete