Sunday, July 29, 2012

Garden News

This is the time of year I don't get into the garden much aside from watering in the morning. It's just too hot and humid for me. However, much is still blooming and growing and so I thought I'd give you a little sampling!


The kumquat tree is filled (and I mean FILLED) with tiny fruit that will be ripe next winter. We can hardly wait!

The mexican petunias are the most wonderful plants here where it is hot. They LOVE the heat. The hotter it is, the more they bloom. We have them in purple, pink and the ground cover variety.

Our hydrangeas are still producing new blooms while the old ones are getting that beautiful antique look. They are some of my favorite bushes in the garden.
And our veggie garden is still producing plenty of eggplants, tomatoes, peppers, and fresh basil.

In other words, the garden is doing fine in our summer heat and humidity. It's just me who is wilting...

Wishing you a beautiful Sunday, dear friends!!

Silke

7 comments:

  1. Liebe Silke,

    wir haben Sonne, und ich wünsche dir einen
    sonnigen und frohen Sonntag

    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liebe Silke,
    die mexikanischen Petunien sehen sehr hübsch aus. Hier würden sie nicht wachsen. Richtig heiß ist es ja nur für sehr kurze Zeit.
    LG Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! We have the Mexican petunias here too and they love the heat. Good thing SOMETHING does! Happy Lazy Sunday, Oh Beautiful One. **kisses** Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm happy to say my yard is looking pretty darn good too, silke. i can't believe we go outside and bring cut flowers back to the house.

    i am probably the only person on the east coast not complaining about the heat. for some reason i don't mind it at all. :^)

    are you cooking?

    love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those Mexcican Petunias. And fancy being able to grow kumquats. We can't even buy them in the greengrocers over here. And I love them. Nevertheless, I'll stick to my cool summers thanks - I couldn't survive in your heat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! I imagine the hydrangea takes a LOT of watering. My Oma had them in her front garden, and I remember how - when she was blind and couldn't do it herself anymore - I dragged watering can after watering can there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hallo Silke, sie sind wunderschön Deine Blumen.
    Ich wünsche Dir eine schöne Woche
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete