Sunday, October 28, 2012

Weekend Mishmash

Here a few unrelated things from this weekend:

1. Hurricane Sandy merely passed us by way off the coastline bringing us nothing but wind, not even a drop of rain, which our yard could have used. However, the wind did a little bit of damage and snapped our ornamental pear tree in half. 
That giant falling branch, in turn, snapped off our beloved kumquat tree, which was laden with not-yet-ripe fruit. That makes me sad, but then again, the damage could have been much worse!
I hope that all of you in the path of this huge storm will stay safe!

2. I finished another painting, which took a looooong time to come together. At some point, I actually thought it was finished, only to discover that I was so mistaken. It still wanted more. But now it feels "right."
Contrast
Mixed Media on 11" x 14" canvas
I have it listed for sale here

3. I've been doing a good bit of knitting and "stuff" for my crafty store.
Some of it already sold, but the rest you can see here.

4. Two nights ago, it was so windy that I had trouble sleeping. So, I got on the computer and promptly signed up for a sewing class on Craftsy called Stitch and Slash. It's basically working with fabrics like I like to paint - with lots of layers and texture. I know I'm going to love it!!

5. I'd have gotten going with the sewing already, except that I am traveling with a box of Kleenex these days - I've caught a little cold and am taking it easy. Hopefully next week I'll be back to my usual energy level...

Until then, I will be thinking of all of you in the path of Hurricane Sandy!! Stay safe!

Happy Sunday!

P.S. Thanks for all of your understanding and encouraging comments on my last blog post! Yes, blogging is supposed to be fun!! And today, it is!! :)

Silke

10 comments:

  1. Liebe Silke,

    unser Leben ist ständig bedroht.
    Wir brauchen viel Zuversicht.

    Alles Liebe
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liebe Elisabeth,
      Da hst du vollkommen recht! Es gibt viele Bedrohungen. Aber Zuversicht habe ich meistens. Ich hoffe, du auch!
      Alles liebe,
      Silke

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your concern about us here in Sandy's path! We're just trying to GET READY for her impact. I think this one is gonna be a real doozey!!! Everybody seems so nervous!!...Take care of your cold...Sorry about your poor trees. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were so lucky in the little bit of damage we had. This storm is so massive and I feel for everyone who is in the path of it. I'll be thinking of you!! xoxo Silke

      Delete
  3. you say ,,,brought you "nothing" but wind...omg,,,well by the looks of your poor tree this was not your basic wind for sure!!! I hope the media is "blowing" it all out of proportion as they so often do,,,
    Your knitting looks great...maybe the next time I can´t sleep I should knit:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! If ever we were in the direct path of a hurricane, I can't quite imagine the power of those sustained winds. These gust we had seemed bad enough...

      I hope you are doing great!! xoxo Silke

      Delete
  4. Hopefully the storm will pass us by here in Western Mass. Glad to see you're safe though it's a shame about the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very intriquing painting...I wish I could knit, so pretty. Somehow I feel like here in Maine we'll survive prettty well...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you weren't harmed personally by the hurricane. They are talking about it on the news every night, even here in Germany.
    My cough that kept me on very low gear all of last week is almost gone; I hope that you cold will be over soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thinking of you. Be safe from the storm! Tsup!

    ReplyDelete