Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sunday Mishmash

In my mind I've written about ten blog posts to you already, but in reality I haven't spent much time on the computer. Instead, I've been hanging out with my little family.
Don't you love how Winslow decided to pose for pictures for Daniel the other night?
With temperatures that still scream SUMMER, I've desperately been looking for evidence of fall and finding some in our own yard.
I've been visiting my new fave art supply store in Savannah with Daniel - only buying three tubes of paint this time. What restraint!!

I just had to share with you the colorful art of local folk artist Panhandle Slim (you can find him on Facebook and see more of his art). Daniel and I own a couple of his pieces and just love them! If you click on the photo, you should be able to read some of the quotes. (Sorry Frida's and Vincent's heads got cut in half by the lighting fixture...)
We've been hanging out at our favorite local cafe, reading and sipping coffee and watching the interesting folks who live in and visit Savannah.
I've been super busy at my sewing machine, making colorful little clutches.
They are really pretty, even if I say so myself! :-)
And I've been back in my studio for many hours, painting layers upon layers and having the best time!

Into the Deep
Acrylic on 8" x 10" canvas board
I find that with this long process, I have to have two or more pieces in the works at once as I have to let every layer dry before going on to the next one. It sure is teaching me some patience!
Expansion
Acrylic on 5"x7" canvas board
Tomorrow, we are finally expecting a cool down and not a moment too soon! I am beyond ready for fall and I must say that that is my most difficult season here in the south. You'd think it would be the hot summer, but that I expect. It's the fall that never seems to arrive. I miss it! I'm ready for long pants, socks, jackets, pies, soups and stews and all the wonderful things I associate with preparing for hibernation... 

I have so much to share with you - recipes and other things, but for now my studio is calling me again. Happy Sunday to you all and thank you so much for visiting!!


Silke

20 comments:

  1. Liebe Silke,

    deine Fotos sind eindrucksvoll.

    Sonnige Grüße

    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank, liebe Elisabeth, fuer deinen lieben Besuch!!

      Sonnige Gruesse auch von hier!

      Silke

      Delete
  2. Love the pics of Winslow, so adorable.
    Your local cafe sounds wonderful, i wish we had something like that here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Micki! Winslow is the cutest (I know I am biased ;)) Our cafe is great - and we have three of them. One of them makes the best cupcakes... Hope your hand is feeling better already!! Hugs, Silke

      Delete
  3. Cute dog! And I love Into the Deep...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winslow thanks you for your comment!! And I thank you for you comment about my art! :) xoxo Silke

      Delete
  4. Ooooo! Your clutches are gorgeous! I love the colors!...By the way, I wish I could send you some of our Fall experience. Except for the rain, it's just great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie! I love that fabric - colors just make me happy, you know? And - the fall as finally arrived today. Yeah!! Now I feel like eating apple pie... xoxo Silke

      Delete
  5. A great post. I love seeing handsome Winslow...he could be Georgia´s Next Top Model with such posing. The next time I go to Boesner I will take some fotos...good idea.
    You are busy with your clutches and paintings...wow...they look great too. Nice Sunday to you. You will just have to come back to Germany for that autumn feeling won´t you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cynnie,

      Winslow thanks you! He's such a pretty dog I think. Those eyes...

      We finally did get that autumn feeling today! It was cool and blustery and I loved it! I felt cold all day - what a great feeling. I haven't felt cold since March!! ;-)

      xoxo Silke

      Delete
  6. Huhu liebe Silke,
    die Familie ist viel wichtiger als am Computer zu sitzen.
    Ich hoffe, du hattest einen schönen Sonntag.
    LG Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo liebe Sabine,

      Wir hatten einen schoenen Sonntag und auch Montag und heute ist endlich der Herbst angekommen. Ich bin uebergluecklich!!

      Dir ganz liebe Gruesse!! xoxo Silke

      Delete
  7. oh what a super fun post Silke!!!! lovely photos and wonderful art and your sewing too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diana! And thanks for the visit! :) xoxo Silke

      Delete
  8. Hi Silke, how are you doing. Always good to see you. Winslow looks like he enjoys posing. He's awesome and so is your work. I love those clutches, very nice. Now it's off to outside so I can look for more goodies too.:) Take care and enjoy the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Gloria,

      It's so good to see you here!! And thanks for all you sweet comments! I hope you enjoyed your weekend and had a good start to your week!

      xoxo Silke

      Delete
  9. Hi Silke!
    Winslow has the most expressive eyes. I just cannot believe I've gone through all these years of my life without knowing the love and joy of a dog until last December. Jake has been an eye opener and I couldn't love him more than I do.
    Your recent paintings are so colorful and textural. I really like them, Silke. And, your clutches are beautiful. You have many facets of talent in you.
    Your Sundays sound peaceful and relaxing. Great photos. Thanks for sharing.
    ♥ audrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Audrey! Aren't dogs (pets in general, but dogs specifically) most wonderful? I feel about Winslow like you do about Jake. I love every moment with him, even if he rolls in something disgusting - like he did this morning... ;-)

      I hope you are doing well, Audrey! Love, Silke

      Delete
  10. Your layered paintings have great mystery & depth. And the little clutches are sweet...Bonne continuation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm having such fun with this new way of painting - the whole process IS quite mysterious. ;)

      xoxo Silke

      Delete