Tuesday, October 16, 2012

New Painting

Transformation
12 x 16 inch mixed media painting on canvas
This painting was a royal pain at times and a joy most of the time - especially when it finally came together. 
There are layers upon layers in this painting, and some of the layers were amazingly ugly. But I resisted the urge to gesso over it all again and just kept going.
Adding many more layers. Many more! Sometimes thinking I might never be done with it...
Finally this morning, I worked on it some more and thought I made a mistake. When I wiped it off, it left behind the most wonderful fluid color play. And it was done. Perfect to me!
There really are no mistakes, are there?! Sometimes they add the most beautiful layer yet.
I hope you all had a great weekend and start to your week.

We celebrated Daniel's birthday yesterday with lots of good food that got topped off with a pumpkin pie (you can find the most excellent recipe here), Daniel's choice of birthday cake! It was a good day!

Wishing you a beautiful Tuesday!

Silke

9 comments:

  1. Liebe Silke,

    ich freue mich wieder über deine Schönheiten.

    Alles Liebe

    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ach, Elisabeth, ich freue mich immer so sehr ueber deinen Besuch auf meinem Blog. Und immer hast du etwas Liebes zu sagen. Danke!!

      Dir ganz liebe Gruesse! Silke

      Delete
  2. Silke I LOVE this!! The colors are so deep and rich! Gorgeous! I really like this new direction you are heading in with the abstract. I can relate to the frustration with wanting to gesso over it all and begin again!

    I have not picked up paint in a few weeks and that always scares me as you know. So silly!

    Lou loves pumpkin pie, I will have to check out that recipe although I am not much of a baker. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy! It's such a new way of working with paint and color for me. Your abstract work is an inspiration to me! I always love the colors and compositions you get!

      Before I started painting again, I had a break of almost two months (because of travel and visitors and such). I was worried that that might have been it for my painting career, but it wasn't. And it isn't for you!! :)

      I'm not a big fan of pumpkin pies, but I love this one because of all the ginger. Delish!! I had a piece for breakfast.

      Hope you are doing well!! xoxo Silke

      Delete
  3. I love those colors in your art!
    And a belated birthday wish to Daniel, I'll just bet that pumpkin pie was wonderful! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kay! And Daniel thanks you as well. Yes, the pie was delicious! As was the rest of the meal. But then pie is always most important, right?!? Hope you are doing great! xoxo Silke

      Delete
  4. Die Farbverläuf sind Klasse.
    Wunderschön

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank, liebe Janine!! Ich hatte Spass bei der Sache und meine Haende waren nachher so farbig wie die Leinwand...

      LG, Silke

      Delete
  5. Liebe Silke,
    das sind superschöne Farben. Sehr stimmig ♥
    LG Sabine

    ReplyDelete