Friday, April 22, 2016

Roadtrip and Art

It's been a couple of weeks since I last posted. Life has been a little busy with family visiting and then taking a road trip to Franklin and Nashville, Tennessee for our niece's wedding.
I had never been to Nashville and had so much fun! It is THE place to visit for country music fans, but even if you aren't (which I am not for the most part), there is so much to see and do.




One of the places we visited was Leiper's Fork, a small art community that is still quite rural and very beautiful.



And then there was the wedding, which was just beautiful and so happy! We loved being there for it!
Back home I haven't done a lot of art. Somehow I got out of the rhythm and haven't quite found it again. But I will! I did play some more with charcoal and gesso and refined this drawing a little more. I'm glad I didn't stop where it was in my last blog post.
This below was a quick 30-minute drawing. I love the mood of it.
And then with this drawing below I covered the paper with oil bar and then drew on it with charcoal. It gives it a very different look. I also used some gesso for the highlights.
All of this black and white drawing reminded me of this amazing moth I found on our front steps a couple of weeks ago. It was big! And I found out it's called the giant leopard moth. I've never seen one before. What a beauty!
And, of course, there has to be color in my life. Lots of it! I finally finished this little cow painting a couple of days ago and it's already on the way to it's new home in California. Apparently the grass is greener there... :)
Speaking of color, I'm loving my new crochet project. It makes me happy!
Our weather has been gorgeous and our garden is exploding with color. I might have to do a blog post just with garden photos. In our climate, things bloom pretty much all year round, but never as beautifully and lusciously as in the spring.

Linking this to the fabulous creativity of Paint Party Friday. Go visit for more amazing art!!

Warm wishes for a sunny week for you!

Silke

18 comments:

  1. You have been busy! Love the photos, Nashville looks wonderful, and I'm in love with that sign about weird people, so true! Your art is great, as always, and you can crochet, too. That moth is very strange, never saw anything like that, ever, wow! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning portraits and love the colourful cow.
    Thank for sharing the great photos. The moth is amazing.
    Happy PPF 🐝

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your portraits are amazing! I would love to see Nashville-looks like you had a great time and your niece looks like a princess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a full post! Lots of fun and adventure in your life.

    Great portraits and cow - I especially love the intensity of the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What colourful crochet! And such a beautiful bride's gown. Congrats to the happy couple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Silke, the leopard moth is one picture I will not forget easily! The others are great, too, but this one truly stands out. What a beauty indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a lovely adventure in paint, color and photos! I've never seen a leopard moth either, stunning! And I love your ladies!
    Happy paint party Friday

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful work and beautiful adventures you have had!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic post. Good photos and great drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful photos and fantastic lady and wonderful cow!!!!
    fantastic all post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous post, your art is stunning! I love all your wonderful creations, each striking and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this post...so much variety...sending it to my daughter I think you captured some of the Nashville essence!! Lovely wedding too...and your charcoals are fabulous as is your cow and crochet!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous photos and gorgeous art! even the moth is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ganz wundervolle Fotos und deine Skizzen sind gut gelungen. Das Kalb sieht auch wieder so klasse aus, schöne Farben. Dein Häkelwerk könnte von mir sein, denn ich hätte die selben Farben gewählt, so schön. Was soll es werden?
    Zauberhafte Frühlingszeit liebe Silke.
    Sabine xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved the sign "Blessed are the weird people...". So true!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Silke, such gorgeous art, those faces are so soulful and deeply beautiful! Wonderful pictures of your travels! Such fun!
    Wishing you a magical May, hope all is sparkling and bright sweet friend!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful wedding photo and that black and white moth, so gorgeous!
    Love the photo of your hubby posing with the artist sign!
    Take care, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete