Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Cranberry Sauce

It's the first thing I always make for Thanksgiving dinner and it always feels like the official beginning of the holiday season to me.
I found this recipe in a 1994 issue of Bon Appetit and have made it ever since. I thought I'd share it with you.

Cranberry Sauce

1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup raspberry vinegar
1/4 cup water
1 12-oz package fresh cranberries (about 3 cups)
1 cinnamon stick
1 tablespoon thin orange peel strips

Combine first 3 ingredients in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Mix in cranberries, cinnamon stick and orange peel. Reduce heat, cover partially and simmer until berries burst, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Cool completely (sauce will thicken as it cools). Discard cinnamon stick. (Can be made up to 1 week ahead. Cover and chill.) 

Makes about 2 1/3 cups

Super easy. And so delicious. Enjoy!!

Silke

0 comments:

Post a Comment